So are there any great strollers I haven't tried out there? The Dream Stroller Hunt: Part 2

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I know they don't. I'd ship it to a Canadian and have it shipped. ;) Same as with the Australian ones.

That price would still mean I'd save $200-ish over shipping from Australia...

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I know they don't. I'd ship it to a Canadian and have it shipped. ;) Same as with the Australian ones...
I know you know. I was just answering the question of the other poster. ;)

And if you need help getting it, let me know. We've got the 2nd lowest tax rate in Canada so better than the HST provinces.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, I saw that after I posted. LOL.

I just don't know what to DO!!!

I think I'm just going to wait, when I have the money if they still have this deal I'll go through this all over again. Hopefully it will be off sale and I won't have to decide. :p

I did also email Mamas & Papas to see if they have plans for pretty color carrycots in the US. They have yet to get back to me.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
They said I'd recieve a response within 24 hours but I don't know if the auto-response I got counts... I sent mine in the wee hours, lol, but I sent to the US customer service email so who knows.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
They said I'd recieve a response within 24 hours but I don't know if the auto-response I got counts... I sent mine in the wee hours, lol, but I sent to the US customer service email so who knows.

Ya, the US email goes to the UK. It's the same people replying. My warranty parts came from the UK as well. From what I understand they self distribute in the USA unlike Canada. My stroller was from the U.S. which is why I went through the U.S. stream.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Aha, that makes sense. So maybe they will email me within 24 hours of when I actually emailed, at 2-3 in the morning. Hee hee. (Whereupon they will tell me I'm being a brat and they don't like me and won't carry purple carrycots here. LOL.)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Which reminds me, warranty may be a super pain for you if you buy in Canada or anywhere other than the U.S. likely. They know by your serial # if the stroller is Canadian or U.S. The Canadian distributor deals with the Canadian strollers and the UK with the U.S. strollers. When I had issues, they kept sending me to the Canadian distributor because I was in Canada, but the Canadian distributor wouldn't provide me with any warranty (they would sell me parts though) because my stroller wasn't Canadian. The U.S. (UK) guys didn't want to deal with me because I was in Canada. It was a gong show.

Just something to keep in mind. I'd think if you had issues though, you could get the warranty parts send to a Canadian friend and have them ship to you. Or see if the Canadian distributor would ship to you for a fee. The U.S./UK folks won't deal with you for free parts though, but I'm sure they'd sell them to you.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I have friends whose addresses I could use in any country I would buy from... So, that would work, right?

I'll likely just end up ordering the carrycot from Australia. Not much can go wrong with a carrycot, right? (Don't start listing, I'm already doing it in my head.)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I have friends whose addresses I could use in any country I would buy from... So, that would work, right?

I'll likely just end up ordering the carrycot from Australia. Not much can go wrong with a carrycot, right? (Don't start listing, I'm already doing it in my head.)

Yes I'm sure that would work. I'd help if needed.

Carrycot I think you're safe! I've had wheel issues on several strollers (several brands) so stroller is more important IMO. As long as you're fine with paying postage, they should still provide you with parts.

D&L's-mommy

Where are you doing your conversions? US/Canada dollars are about on par. In fact, it's actually about US$588. Or sorry, were you using a different price on the stroller from elsewhere?

I'm addition, there will be GST/PST or HST on top of that depending on who it gets shipped to. From 5% to 15%.

And BRU Canada doesn't ship to the USA.

I used an app on my phone, that is obviously wrong :eek: sorry
Looks like you could still get a good deal.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I not only love the stroller, I'm crazy insane about purple. I'm thinking of paying about twice as much as I could get a black or tan carrycot for and get a stroller in any color I want, OR with that deal from Canada the price could be the same and I could even get the turquoise which is my second choice, but I REALLY REALLY WANT the purple. So I'll probably pay double for the purple carrycot. Because I am stupid crazy.

Did I mention by the time I get it I won't even be able to use the carrycot for this baby? No, no, for the NEXT baby, whom I don't know (though I suspect) will be a girl. INSANE I TELL YOU.

D&L's-mommy

I not only love the stroller, I'm crazy insane about purple. I'm thinking of paying about twice as much as I could get a black or tan carrycot for and get a stroller in any color I want, OR with that deal from Canada the price could be the same and I could even get the turquoise which is my second choice, but I REALLY REALLY WANT the purple. So I'll probably pay double for the purple carrycot. Because I am stupid crazy.

Did I mention by the time I get it I won't even be able to use the carrycot for this baby? No, no, for the NEXT baby, whom I don't know (though I suspect) will be a girl. INSANE I TELL YOU.

:ROTFLMAO: It happens to the best of us

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oh and its major drawback is that at some point it won't be tall enough. So I'm gonna have to buy another stroller as well. ;)

Did I mention I already own five or six singles, four doubles, and a Coccoro Flash frame? And I'm lusting after another double. Well, two, actually.

I may be addicted. Just slightly.

D&L's-mommy

Oh and its major drawback is that at some point it won't be tall enough. So I'm gonna have to buy another stroller as well. ;)

Did I mention I already own five or six singles, four doubles, and a Coccoro Flash frame? And I'm lusting after another double. Well, two, actually.

I've owned 38 strollers,and I'm looking at getting 3 new ones, but trying to show some restraint and narrow it down to one, well, ok, 2 ;)
DH thinks I need a 12 step program,lol

jordansmom

Ooohhhh, do tell what's in your stroller line up! And where do you keep them all?!

Kaylee31

I've owned 38 strollers,and I'm looking at getting 3 new ones, but trying to show some restraint and narrow it down to one, well, ok, 2 ;)
DH thinks I need a 12 step program,lol

Lol, mine thinks I have a stroller problem too (which I kind of do). I currently have 8 and had about 20 more over the past 3 years. And I'm still looking. ;) It's hard to find the perfect stroller(s) for your needs. And it's so fun to try new ones.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC