So are there any great strollers I haven't tried out there? The Dream Stroller Hunt: Part 2

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The more I ruminate on it the more I want the Urbo. I love the on-off of the seat so much...

However the Sola has even nicer colors, similar features and seat, and is $100 less. I don't like the looks of the frame as much but I think I need to try it; the fold is only a little tiny bit larger looking, as the frame is ”curvy”, not ”straight...” Hmmm.

Like I said, need to try it, I already know a store that has that one but it was up on a shelf and I didn't get it down when I glanced at strollers when I went to play Foonf there.

D&L's-mommy

I love the sola, I think it's beautiful. My BRU carries them, and of course I played with it. I did notice the seat is small, my 3 yo didn't fit under the canopy, and for a $400 stroller it felt kind of cheap (maybe because the entire thing seems to be made of plastic ?)
But the seat switched very easily, and looks comfy
Even though it's sold at BRU, I haven't seen any in the wild (people around here are cheap,lol)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It looks like the canopy, basket, wheels (not sure if that will influence push) and fabrics are where the $100 difference comes in... The Urbo did not feel cheaply constructed at all. Very solid. Hmmm.

I think even Maggie would have just made the canopy until 3.5 or so on the Urbo too, so if that turns out top be shorter that's a lock for the Urbo. (TBH, I think it is anyway, but the pretty patterns and the price difference make me think I need to make SURE I like the Urbo better or I'll regret it.)

D&L's-mommy

It looks like the canopy, basket, wheels (not sure if that will influence push) and fabrics are where the $100 difference comes in... The Urbo did not feel cheaply constructed at all. Very solid. Hmmm.

I think even Maggie would have just made the canopy until 3.5 or so on the Urbo too, so if that turns out top be shorter that's a lock for the Urbo. (TBH, I think it is anyway, but the pretty patterns and the price difference make me think I need to make SURE I like the Urbo better or I'll regret it.)

The styling of the sola is similar the urbo, but slightly smaller and less high end all around. If I was in your shoes I'd check out the Sola, help you confirm that you like the urbo better, then you won't buy the Urbo and regret not checking out the Sola.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The styling of the sola is similar the urbo, but slightly smaller and less high end all around. If I was in your shoes I'd check out the Sola, help you confirm that you like the urbo better, then you won't buy the Urbo and regret not checking out the Sola.

That's exactly what I'm thinking! Thanks for confirming it's smaller. :)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I want an Urbo. My Mylo is so classy and the fabrics are top notch. It made me want an Urbo too. But I don't need one. Not that it's stopped me before, but I need to get the other strollers out of the house as TechnoBaby's room is only used as storage for for sale baby gear! Lucky we co-sleep. :ROTFLMAO:

I'd get an Urbo for my mom but the wheels aren't big enough for the varied terrain she'll use it on.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There's a Mylo on Craigslist but the fold isn't as nice for what I'm wanting it for and tbh,, I just can't get over how the wheels look like a rolling desk chair to me. :duck:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
There's a Mylo on Craigslist but the fold isn't as nice for what I'm wanting it for and tbh,, I just can't get over how the wheels look like a rolling desk chair to me. :duck:

I thought you were looking for something small? The Mylo isn't small or light. And although it has great suspension, the wheels are just foam so not very AT.

The fold is wickedly easy though. Not saying it suits you though as it's a big stroller, just saying it's one of the easiest folding strollers I have had. I pop the seat off first, then you can rotate one of 2 handles, doesn't matter which and it's folded. You can also do so with the seat on, I just got in he habit of popping it off first.

As for style, I think you and I would have different style opinions about many things. It's other aspects of our personalities that have us get along so well! :love:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hmm. Haven't liked other BOBs I've tried and don't love the looks of the wheels but I'll try it if I happen to be in a store that carries it.

amelia222

If you do decide to go for the Urbo, BCRU in Canada has it on for $580 including the carrycot. Not sure how that compares to US pricing but thought I'd throw that out there.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'll have to look... Do they have the carrycot in COLORS??? Because that's going to be my biggest expense, if I have to import a carrycot from Australia. LOL.

D&L's-mommy

If you do decide to go for the Urbo, BCRU in Canada has it on for $580 including the carrycot. Not sure how that compares to US pricing but thought I'd throw that out there.

that's about $493 US (so you're getting the carry cot free). I wonder if they will ship free to the US?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well craaaaap. Now I have a dilemma. Because, you see, they do have colors. They don't have the color I like best, but they have the lime green and the turquoise. But, I wanted the purple. BUT, if I go with the turquoise, even with getting it shipped from Canada (or to a friend who can ship it from the US...) it would save me about $400 over buying the stroller here and shipping a carrycot from Australia. That's a lot. I don't know what to do!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
that's about $493 US (so you're getting the carry cot free). I wonder if they will ship free to the US?

Where are you doing your conversions? US/Canada dollars are about on par. In fact, it's actually about US$588. Or sorry, were you using a different price on the stroller from elsewhere?

I'm addition, there will be GST/PST or HST on top of that depending on who it gets shipped to. From 5% to 15%.

And BRU Canada doesn't ship to the USA.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC