Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: So are there any great strollers I haven't tried out there? The Dream Stroller Hunt: Part 2

What about the Ingelsina Zippy?
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I know you said bug anything but have you tried a bee? Bc I hate the full size bugs but love my bee. You can push it with one finger. The only thing missing on your list is no window (easily fixed with a custom hood off eBay) and not compatible with the buggypod. You can use a mountain buggy bassinet on it with the maxi cosi adaptors.
    Mom to Caterina born January 12, 2009 and FF in a TWE and Julian born September 6, 2012 and RF in a Varioguard

I contemplated the Spark for a LONG time. I went with the Mutsy Evo instead (which will have an enlarged canopy for the models coming in Feb 2013).

I was also thinking the Bee for you, but you said you hated the Bugs.

I'll keep thinking. I'm as picky as you so maybe I can come up with something again.
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

5. Thank You from:

Re: So are there any great strollers I haven't tried out there? The Dream Stroller Hunt: Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkDOC View Post
    I know you said bug anything but have you tried a bee? Bc I hate the full size bugs but love my bee. You can push it with one finger. The only thing missing on your list is no window (easily fixed with a custom hood off eBay) and not compatible with the buggypod. You can use a mountain buggy bassinet on it with the maxi cosi adaptors.
    I didn't like the Bee. And the seat was so small.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
    I contemplated the Spark for a LONG time. I went with the Mutsy Evo instead (which will have an enlarged canopy for the models coming in Feb 2013).

I was also thinking the Bee for you, but you said you hated the Bugs.

I'll keep thinking. I'm as picky as you so maybe I can come up with something again.
    Any of the G+G strollers good? They are just coming into the US and I'm hearing good things about some...
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupqueen View Post
    I didn't like the Bee. And the seat was so small.

Any of the G+G strollers good? They are just coming into the US and I'm hearing good things about some...
    The models I looked at were too big for a car stroller. They do have smaller models though. unityco may have checked them out; I'll ask her.

Now looking at the Mutsy Evo... OooooOOOOooooh, I'm liking... How tall is the seat?

Now looking at the Mutsy Evo... OooooOOOOooooh, I'm liking... How tall is the seat?
    Probably not as tall as you'd like. 22" to canopy I believe. That being said, it may be different with the new canopy. And I've found that Mutsy seats fits taller kids than they should because they are "real" seats. Not those damn bucket seats that I hate!
    Last edited by TechnoGranola; 01-10-2013 at 09:56 PM.

I prefer non-bucket too!

I prefer non-bucket too!
    LOL Of course! (And I reworded above a tad, darn phone)

Man, the G+G 042 looks nice, except the damn bucket seat. Well and the fold isn't great.
    The 102 has a similar seat but the fold! It's amazing!
    There's another without the bucket seat I like but I don't think it takes a carrycot.

Man, the G+G 042 looks nice, except the damn bucket seat. Well and the fold isn't great.
    There's another without the bucket seat I like but I don't think it takes a carrycot.
    Ha ha. I'll go get my reply from the other thread.

It has niceties! It's NOT a car stroller though as it's big, like Bugaboo big. It also has a 2 handed recline on top of the bucket seat. Double whammy. LOL

The 102 is similar to the Mylo IMO. It's not small. Full size stroller. Completely foam wheels like the Mylo, no rubber costed or anything if that matters to you. (I asked them several questions over the last month and it too them way toknlon to get back to me IMO.) And fold only with the seat in FF position if that matters.

I need to go watch some reviews on the Spark and see how tall and how the push is. It's looking more and more awesome as I read more about it and see more pics...

I need to go watch some reviews on the Spark and see how tall and how the push is. It's looking more and more awesome as I read more about it and see more pics...
    There isn't much out there at all. Just one major review which is Australian that has pics, no video. Someone on BBB had quality issues with theirs. I like the basket. And the canopy. It really is a duller for look though. It's looks outdated, and not in a good, retro way. I could care less if the seat coverts to anything as I hate extra buckles and straps left over for a feature you use for less than 5 months in the life of the stroller.

It has an adjustable handle in NA though, unlike Australia. Mutsy handles also adjust tall.

It has a bucket seat too??? Grrr.

It has a bucket seat too??? Grrr.
    Yes, the Spark is a bucket. Convertible bassinetty, but still bucket.

Valco Quad looks nice... Not sure if they're still making it but I can deal with that...

I think I may need two. I like the Cybex Callisto for a lot of my travel/quick trip needs; wouldn't want it for all day at the mall though. I think I might get it AND keep looking for my dream stroller. LOL. The tall canopy kind of sold me! Along with the recline, fold, and front tightener (how cool is that???)

Carseat Crazy

I think I may need two. I like the Cybex Callisto for a lot of my travel/quick trip needs; wouldn't want it for all day at the mall though. I think I might get it AND keep looking for my dream stroller. LOL. The tall canopy kind of sold me! Along with the recline, fold, and front tightener (how cool is that???)
    I'm getting a cybex onyx as my travel/quick trip stroller (dd likes callisto but we're past the carrycot stage so not worth the extra money to us) I love that the canopy is adjustable and huge, plus they're not heavy and have a smaller fold. I love that front adjuster too! Plus the beautiful colors

Carseat Crazy

What about the City Select or the City Versa?