So are there any great strollers I haven't tried out there? The Dream Stroller Hunt: Part 2

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ooohhhh, do tell what's in your stroller line up! And where do you keep them all?!

In the garage... I've given away about 4 more.

I have a MBUJD with carrycot, BJCMD, Mac Twin Techno and an old Twin Traveler.
Two or three cheap umbrellas, a Maclaren Starck, CCO Flash, Chicco C1 with carrycot (never sold in US), Easywalker Qtro with carrycot.

Oh and Buggypod on the way! And somewhere a set of umbrella stroller connectors for emergency use when we had the Corolla.

Looking at getting a Callisto and Urbo and probably an Easywalker Duo and maybe a Valco Twin Spark in three next few years. All with carrycots (except the Twin Spark which doesn't need them.) And probably several more, because they're like crack. Lol.

ADS

jubgulia

ketchupqueen said:
Looking at getting a Callisto and Urbo and probably an Easywalker Duo and maybe a Valco Twin Spark in three next few years. All with carrycots (except the Twin Spark which doesn't need them.) And probably several more, because they're like crack. Lol.

Easywalker Duo: http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bab/3520084123.html

I have an Urbo that I love (pushes with a finger), but don't use much. It's black with a grey liner though and I don't have a carrycot. I've been thinking about replacing it with BJCM GT (based on reputation) for the easy fold and larger capacity. I haven't used the GT before, so any thoughts on that switch? We only keep one stroller at a time and need to have it in the car as DS3 could break something and we'd need it at any moment.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The GT, will last longer by height for sure but the fold won't be as compact. How small of a fold do you need?

I have my eye on a silver Duo on ebay with two carrycots for about the same price. :)

jubgulia

Hmm, I didn't realize the fold was bigger. If it's that much wider (looked up at 3.5" wider), I'm not sure it will fit sideways behind the back seat of the Sienna. Oh well. I just used the Urbo again today and while it's certainly not all terrain, DS3 is really nowhere near outgrowing it and I love the flip up leg support for his heavyweight AFO legs. Hadn't thought about that on the GT or realized that the GT was so much heavier overall. I think the next step for us will probably just be an ultralight wheelchair.

Hope you love your Urbo!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
They just got back to me- no plans to bring colored carrycots to the US. Poop! Australia or Canada or the UK it will have to be for the carrycot.

If you ever need it, I've got a medical stroller with GREAT leg support that my husband has been bugging me to get rid of.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well, now this rep is frustrating me. He claims that these colors are only in the UK and Australia/Canada don't have them either. Um, YES THEY DO, I'M LOOKING AT THEM. I sent him a link to Babies R Us Canada. Because seriously?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The ease of clicking the seat different ways or putting in car seat adaptors or carrycot definitely is a great feature on the Urbo!

cookie123

It turns out I never did have the stroller problem DH accused me of back in the day. For sure not compared to you guys! There was no Internet then so that may have limited me, not just my pocketbook

KQ - you mentioned in some other thread I needed a carry cot:). Can you ( or others) elaborate on the kind of use they see?

Last edited:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
On what they are used for?

Basically, for the same reason we don't recommend newborns spend a lot of time in the car seat or bouncy seat they shouldn't be in an inclined stroller if possible, or sleep in them-desat risk. Lying flat is safer. A carrycot allows them to fall asleep in the stroller and be moved elsewhere in the house, or can be used like a Moses basket in the house and then put on the stroller to go out for a walk. It's enclosed on all sides which many newborns find comforting and secure compared to the open seat of most strollers. A swaddled baby can be tucked in, no need to unswaddle to buckle. It can be used as a safe place to lay baby in a restaurant rather than bringing in a bucket (babywearing is great but sometimes you wish to eat unencumbered.) Etc.

Katie Sue learned to fall asleep on our walks and the carrycot quickly became a place she could nap at grandma's as a result.

cookie123

Yes, for sure I can see it's usefulness in that regard for a couple of months. At approximately what age do you find it to be outgrown, not just size wise, but developmentally - like when you're walking them, about when do they want to see and start to complain - if you know what I mean!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC