Looking for carseat recommendation

bikergurl125

Sorry if this is the wrong spot, I'm new here :) I am looking for help with Canadian seats.

I have an Evenflo Triumph, and I love it for how easy the straps are to tighten. It only rear-faces up to 30 lbs though. Does anyone know of another seat that adjusts with a dial like the triumph? I hate (with a passion) DH's safety first seat that adjusts the straps with the strap you pull between the legs. Maybe some are easier to tighten than others, but to get the straps tight enough in his car, I leave bruises on my hands (no, I am not tightening the straps too tight).

ADS

MommyShannon

I can't help with the new seat, but for the safety first, try grabbing the straps from behind the seat. Pull the slack out to the back while pulling the tightening strap. It makes it much easier.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The newer Triumphs (well some of the, you have to read the labels carefully) now go to 40lbs rear-facing. If you love it and it works for you that's an option.

How much does your child weigh, how tall, and in what car? If you're open to other options we can suggest some things. And welcome!

bikergurl125

The newer Triumphs (well some of the, you have to read the labels carefully) now go to 40lbs rear-facing. If you love it and it works for you that's an option.

How much does your child weigh, how tall, and in what car? If you're open to other options we can suggest some things. And welcome!

Thanks for the replies!

She is 16 months old and currently about 25-26lbs. She hasn't been measured by the doctor lately, but I've measured her at 32 inches tall. The only issue I have with the Triumph (and the reason I asked if there were other similar options) is that the knob to adjust the straps is right near the hard plastic on my car and it's a tight squeeze to fit my fingers in there to adjust the straps every day. I can live with that though - I have small fingers :)

I drive a 2008 Mazda 6 (DH drives an Infinity G35x, but the seat would be for my car and I can't think of any reason it would go in his)

I'm open to suggestions - not sure if I will be buying a seat now, but I want to know what I want so I can watch prices.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC