Parking Pal - this is neat

ADS

lovinwaves

That's CUTE!!

We do the whole "ok, put your hand on the car while mommy gets Brother out". BUT, in the summer my black van gets to hot :( So, it changes in the summer to "Ok, put your hand on the foot ledge"

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
My problem is, my youngest will move around the vehicle even though she's touching it. Something like this would help stop that.

Cindy&Connor

That's cool but I think the novelty would wear off quickly for ds. I just wish I could make him a magnet so he would stick. :D

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
ROFL! I'm usually shrieking not to touch the (dirty!) car! That's clever though, I might have to get some (Leah will copy the big kids, otherwise I'd just get one...)

:)

Auntie2Avi

My door handles come out and you can put your hand all the way around the handle. I usually have both or one hands on avi, but I would have the kids I was babysitting hold onto the handle while I took my keys out. This is a great idea, and so cool!

singingpond

That's cool but I think the novelty would wear off quickly for ds. I just wish I could make him a magnet so he would stick. :D

LOL. I think the handprint magnet is a cute idea, but I wonder if my 2 3/4 y.o. would play the game or not. With him we sometimes resort to a harness and leash (not in the parking lot so much, but in situations where we really need to have him not run off for an extended time). This was the only way to stay sane at the local 4th-of-July fireworks, for example, with hundreds of people milling around in the dark -- it sure was nice to be physically attached to him, without having to carry him for several hours.

The symbolic attachment point might work for the parking lot situation though -- nice little product idea. I'll have to go back and see what they charge -- I didn't look at that detail.

Katrin

nisi

Senior Community Member
I tell my kids "two hands on the wheel (tire)" and it works well enough, but this sure would keep their hands cleaner :p

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I do hand on the car with dd too. I actually hadn't realized it was so common. I love the magnet idea, will give the idea to lots of parents who haven't thought of a solution just yet - and keeping the hand in one spot on the car is always good too. My dd has started liking to move a bit too. :rolleyes:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Cool idea!

We don't do the "hand on the car" thing but it's a great idea! DD1 has taken to hugging my leg while I get DD2 out. I might get one of these when she's out of this stage!

InTheWoods

My problem is, my youngest will move around the vehicle even though she's touching it. Something like this would help stop that.

Mine does this, too.

A magnet in the kid's pants would help. :D (Being wholly irreverent about my kid here.) Now where's that product? (Insert smiley of kid stuck to car.)

Kristin

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I never did the hand on the car thing. I just always got my youngest out first and then got my older one out last while I held baby on my hip, in her sling or in the shopping cart.

When loading up into the vehicle. I would have oldest get in 1st. She would climb into her car seat while I buckled younger dd up. I would then go around to the other side and buckle my oldest up. I would start the vehicle and roll the windows down while I loaded up any packages/food I needed too.

Now they both can unbuckle/buckle themselves up. I just open one door any both climb out together. When loading up they both climb in and I start the truck. They get buckled up while I load anything up that needs to be. I think check their harnesses and off we go.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC