Wanna see my Head in the Recaro COMO and VIVO?

lovinwaves

Here ya go... :whistle: I just *had* to do this to put everyones mind at ease about the Como's width :D And I don't have a small head LOL!

e7e7e363.jpg

e7e7e3ad.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
:ROTFLMAO:

That's great! Great pics, I guess it isn't really as small as we originally thought! Thanks for sharing :p

TracyRee

Oh WOW. My mind is at ease for sure!! What a difference between that and the one of the 3.5 year old in there. I wonder why such a difference?

Thank you sooo much for taking the time to do that, I have a Signo on preorder from elitecarseats and am feeling great about it now (as long as DS doesn't grow another millimeter before it comes out!!!!)

edited to add:

oh, wait, your como has the head rest out, doesn't it?

ZephyrBlue

:ROTFLMAO: Melissa, you're so cute! Thanks for the pics, though- wow you can really see how much more room through the head the Como has vs. the MA. :thumbsup:

cheerbop

:ROTFLMAO:

That's a classic!
Thanks for doing this. Yes, no headrest, but at least we can see that it is a good width withOUT the headrest. The Vivo is closer to your head, isn't it?
Hmm....
I asked this already, but wondered if you have a measurement of the seat hieght from the floor and the MA's seat height from the floor (where their knees would be in the seat). So many, including myself, have thought that the base looked awfully big, but in your review pics it doesn't look quite as tall as I thought compared to a MA.
I just wonder if it is any harder for a child to climb into the seat compared to a MA.
Thanks!

mom2boys

Thanks! Now, my only worry, is that my son will hate it because he can't see out the sides to see his brother. My son is 18 months old and I think he will sit back really far because it is so deep. I love the fact that it is so deep though- offers really great protection.

Just curious, what do your kids think of it after having sat in it for a while? Anyone else who owns it- what do your kids think?

Yoshi

Wait....is the picture of your head in the Como inside the actual removeable headrest part? Why does it look like you are holding just the sides of a "wing" area, and the rest of the seat is below? The Como has solid (unseparated) sides like a MA without the headrest, but in your pic, it looks more like the top of the Young Sport? Maybe I just can't see it- like those optical illusion things? Help!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Wait....is the picture of your head in the Como inside the actual removeable headrest part? Why does it look like you are holding just the sides of a "wing" area, and the rest of the seat is below? The Como has solid (unseparated) sides like a MA without the headrest, but in your pic, it looks more like the top of the Young Sport? Maybe I just can't see it- like those optical illusion things? Help!

The 2nd pic is the Vivo, is that the one you were looking at that was confusing you?

CDNTech

Senior Community Member

I think you're seeing an air vent... the little hole on the left side of the picture just above her hand, right? If you look closely the shell does meet back together at the bottom. I think it's just a slit to get some air movement through the seat.

Yoshi

The 2nd pic is the Vivo, is that the one you were looking at that was confusing you?
No- I know that the tan and black one is the Como

I think you're seeing an air vent... the little hole on the left side of the picture just above her hand, right? If you look closely the shell does meet back together at the bottom. I think it's just a slit to get some air movement through the seat.

The air vent makes it look like an adjustable headrest:confused: Not at all how it looks in the regular stock photos. Maybe Melissa can post a few with her DD in them?

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Wow, now that I have seen this photo I definately want to see the Signo before I decide. Karley likes her wings but I'm not sure she would go for the pillow type things in the Como so we'd be using it without them. She sleeps in the wings of the Boulevard and I'm afraid her head would flop off to the side in the Como. Can you do us a favor? When you get the Signo and do the reviews of that could you put your head in those wings too? :D It actually helps us out in our decision making. Up until this point I was all for the Como. Now I need to see both before I decide. Thanks!!!

lovinwaves

She sleeps in the wings of the Boulevard and I'm afraid her head would flop off to the side in the Como. Can you do us a favor? When you get the Signo and do the reviews of that could you put your head in those wings too? :D

Ok, in my review I said the side of the Marathon is 4 inches and the Radian is roughly 3 inches. In the Recaro Como the sides (minus the head bolster) is 8 inches!! There is no way her head could flop forward, unless she has a giraffe neck. HAHAHA!! Seriously, though...the side walls on the Como are super deep. To me the side walls are almost like head wings :) Hope that makes sense. :eek:

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Melissa you goober :D I don't have problems with her head falling forward it flops over to the side towards her shoulders. That's why I don't like the MA as much. Her head flops to the side in that but seems more upright in the BLVD. :D:D:D

Ok, in my review I said the side of the Marathon is 4 inches and the Radian is roughly 3 inches. In the Recaro Como the sides (minus the head bolster) is 8 inches!! There is no way her head could flop forward, unless she has a giraffe neck. HAHAHA!! Seriously, though...the side walls on the Como are super deep. To me the side walls are almost like head wings :) Hope that makes sense. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC