Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Expedition EL 2009

Looking at an '09 Expedition EL. Does anyone have any experience with one? I don't know anyone who has one.
    TIA

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Expedition EL 2009

The kids' mom has a 2010 EL. I'm not sure if there are any differences though ...
    "Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't." - Bill Nye

About 50 of my friends have them...anything in particular you want to know?

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

The third row is the roomiest in its class. That's all I've got. ;-)
    Mama to Baby Girl N - two years old
    Loving Stepmother of wonderful girls, H-9 and S-5

Quote Originally Posted by TXDani View Post
    About 50 of my friends have them...anything in particular you want to know?

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org
    My biggest thing woul be reliability-I have had 3 GM products now that have had just odd and pricey things go wrong and I don't want to get in the same boat. GM is not my friend Do things break easily? Such as DVD, the folding down buttons for 3rd row, sun roof, etc? TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by gagenivy View Post
    My biggest thing woul be reliability-I have had 3 GM products now that have had just odd and pricey things go wrong and I don't want to get in the same boat. GM is not my friend Do things break easily? Such as DVD, the folding down buttons for 3rd row, sun roof, etc? TIA!
    We're constantly folding/unfolding the third row. It's been fine so far (it's a 2010)!! I have no advice on the DVD. We've only used it a handful of times so far; when they moved cross-country, and when there are big trips 4hrs+. No problems with the sun roof. It gets opened every day in the AZ summer to help cool down. Still works great!

Nothing electronic has broken yet. Nothing, actually, has broken yet. Not that was the car's fault anyway. Few scratches in the paint and a cracked windshield, but that's all! Purely user error.
    "Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't." - Bill Nye

I talked to four friends with this generation Expidition. None of them have had any problems electrical or otherwise...all of them said they love theirs.

Carseat Crazy

2010 EL here, bought it very beginning of 2010. It is fully loaded, I've only had one problem with anything. Mine came with the automatic running board and one of the boards had to be replaced last year (under warranty), other then that nothing. We use the heck out of ours as well.
    DD1-13y, DD2-9y, DS1-7y, DS2-4y

My dad has a fully loaded 2008 EL that he uses for his limousine company. It has 150000 miles and no issues so far except he had to replace the battery not too long ago. Unfortunately it was wrecked pretty bad last night so it might just be totaled . I also have one, a 2004, 135000 miles (not the same body style, but still runs awesome). The DVD player still works really well, and the previous owners obviously used it a lot and the power fold seats still work with no problems.

Than you all! I greatly appreciate the info! Looks like this will be my next vehicle. Finding it hard to locate one. I guess they must be well loved!