Question Short adults

gagenivy

I am sure this has been asked before but I can't find it. I am 5' 3"-not too terribly short-but the seatbelt hits me in awkward places. It cuts across my abdomen and high on my chest, despite adjusting seat and seatbelt. The other thread about the VW got me a little concerned. If I were to get into a wreck, that belt would do some serious injuries. What can I use to help the seatbelt stay in the proper place?
Thanks!

ADS

Brianna

Posture can affect seat belt fit. I have to make sure my seat back is upright enough and that I scooch my butt back as far as I can. I also pull the lap belt low on my thighs before I pull the extra slack out.

penguingrooves

i know what you mean. i seriously wonder if i need a backless booster. i plan on getting one of those hip- or back-easing cushiony things, so i'm hoping that'll help.

but if i DO get a backless booster for me, maybe my also-petite kids won't be as embarrassed to use theirs longer than their friends. :p

Last edited:
V

VanIsleMommy

Hahahaha I fit within the stats to use a booster and I've wondered too lol!!

When I bought the equinox one thing I made sure was that I could adjust the height of the seatbelt so it fit properly. You could use a foam wedge but that could potentially interfere with sensors in the seat. But that's more of a factor with advanced airbags.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

luckyclov

Seatbelt fit varies so much per vehicle. It's crazy. I'm 5'2" tall, so I run into a lot of high-riding lapbelts in vehicles. Chrysler, Nissan, and GM seem to be the worst offenders on me. Honda, Toyota, and Ford fit me pretty well.

Keep your seatback upright, scoot your butt back, and keep yourself upright -- that helps some.

It's hard being short. :rolleyes:

gagenivy

Definitely difficult being vertically challenged:) I will try a wedge thing. My issue (don't imagine me as an ape please) My legs are short in proportion to my arms. Despite having the pedals all of the way up (have adjustable pedals), seat back and good posture I just can not get the belt to fit. Makes sense about GM-that is what I have but test driving the Ford left te seatbelts where they should be.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC