combi shuttle experiences??

laudymama

What can anyone tell me, good or bad, about the shuttle? I've ruled out the Prezi and Aton, and I'm really leaning toward foregoing the chaperone too just based on its size even though I :love: britax seats. I am still considering it though, but the prices are basically the same for the shuttle. If you didn't see my previous post prezi vs. chaperone, I really prefer headwings & ARB which is why I want to get something new for baby #2 instead of using the KF22 (which I didn't love anyway). I had forgotten about the shuttle because no stores near me carry it or I would have asked about that in comparison also in my previous thread! Let's hear it! :)

ADS

Jessica61624

I only used a shuttle for 6ish weeks. I like it. t. The base has lock offs just like the keyfit. The head rest is easy to adjust. Its a very tall seat which I like.

Things that annoyed me-
Short crotch strap
Sometimes difficult to click into base
Canopy prevents handle from going behind shell.
Harness is hard to adjust
Baseless only upto 22lbs
The release is annoying
The buttons to push put the handle down have to be pushed at the same time and they're push in

Things I liked-
Easy to install
Lock offs
Easy to carry
Light
Breathable covers

I know the like list is shorter but I did like it.

Last edited:

creideamh

I concur with everything Jessica said. I liked it much more than the Keyfit though (gasp), and BabyTrend, OBAir35 and Snugride. I think those are the only infant seats I've owned. The biggest reason I had it was because it was the only seat I could get in a 3 across :p

Jessica61624

I concur with everything Jessica said. I liked it much more than the Keyfit though (gasp), and BabyTrend, OBAir35 and Snugride. I think those are the only infant seats I've owned. The biggest reason I had it was because it was the only seat I could get in a 3 across :p

Yes I liked it better than the keyfit also.

laudymama

Thanks for the input! I finally found a store that had one and drove a little bit to see it but got to play with it and install it in our '08 Sienna. At first touch, I was annoyed but after messing with it for a few minutes feel like I got the hang of the buckle and harness adjuster and it wasn't that difficult. The release button is a little weird though I will admit. And is there any info on a plastic buckle being as safe as a metal one? Just a thought that crossed my mind. I really liked the seat overall..the fabric, size, etc. Install was a breeze and I did it about 5 times just adjusting the recline, etc. I took pics at every recline position (there are 4) and with each more upright position the ARB bar got closer to the vehicle seatback. It only touched in the 4th position. Is this a problem? I did read the review at carseatblog. Not sure if there is any info about that since. Obviously me "flipping" the seat up to check the ARB is not the kind of real life force you would get in an accident but even when it was not touching the seat, when flipped up it did hit the ARB bar instead of the entire seat completely touching the seatback -if I explained that well :) My only other problem now is that the seat will fit into the new model snap & go, but will not fit into the city mini gt double I plan to get :( All the other seats do and I was really leaning toward this one -barring that ARB thing not being an issue. All opinions on my conflict welcome :) I could win an award at indecisiveness! I will start a new thread with the pics if that is the best way for people to judge but trying not to start a whole bunch on the same topic!

laudymama

Did you look at the 33? The 35 do not have a puzzle buckle. Its just like every other seat I've had.

Hmm. That is a good question! I am almost positive the info on the seat said 4-35 lbs, but it was definitely a puzzle buckle. Is yours still plastic or is it metal now that they did away with the puzzle?

laudymama

It was definitely the 35 because I just looked at their website and the only one sold in stores is the 35 and it was the same color too. This is interesting!

Jessica61624

IMAG4208.jpg

Better picture
20121202_144230.jpg

Last edited:

kam1011

I had the one with the puzzle buckle and I REALLY liked it (better than the snugride I had previously) except that it was difficult to snap into the base. You get used to it, but I worried about other people using it and not snapping it in all the way. I kinda had to thrust my weight into it for both sides to snap down. People complained about taking it out of the base, but as long as you squeeze the button BEFORE pulling it out (as opposed to squeezing as you start to pull) it comes out easily.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC