Bento type divided food storage box -anything affordable?

Athena

For those of you in the know about these things --
I've wanted one of these for DD1 so she only has to deal with one container, but when she started school, they were all so expensive. I'm wondering with time if anything more affordable has come out? Also, do they actually fit in a moderately sized lunch pack along with a water bottle?

Thanks!

ADS

keri1292

My oldest prefers this over his planetbox. I just made sure to take the baby packaging off of it before giving it to him. ;) We got ours at Target.

Athena

I was going to recommend this. My 4 yo loves it, walmart $5

Our closest Target doesn't carry it, but I didn't check Walmart. I hope I find one for $5 .. or two or three at that price. Thanks! At the least, this seems like a good way to try this type of container before investing in something more expensive and hopefully she'll like it so much we'll stick with it.

Athena

My oldest prefers this over his planetbox. I just made sure to take the baby packaging off of it before giving it to him. ;) We got ours at Target.

Any idea why it specifies, "Use a non-permanent marker when writing on the Mealtime Organizer."

What else would I use? I can't afford for my kids to lose more things at school and am currently on a permanent marker mission. :eek:

Athena

P.S. Couldn't find it locally, so I ordered online and am still waiting for delivery, but should be here this week. Thanks, again.

Phineasmama

I just use the Ziplock divided plastic containers I get at Target. They're like $2.50 for a pack of 2, and I like them better than our Bento box ones we used to have because I don't have to constantly look for the matching lids! I like having it and the lid all in one piece.

Athena

Thanks. I do like the simplicity of the ziploc and the price! The complicated containers seem cool, but those short lunch times go quickly for a young kid and simple is quicker.

In this price range, I figure I can get a few things to try. I suspect we'll like different containers for different foods and having a few options is good. Plus, I prefer to have more than one because then if she leaves it at school or I forget to wash it :eek:, I'll have a back up.

Also, found this one. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sistema-37-Ounce-Salad-Container-Clear/dp/B004R97IJ6/ref=pd_bxgy_k_text_y"]Amazon.com: Sistema Klip It 37-Ounce Salad to Go Container, Clear: Kitchen & Dining[/ame] (Paid about half at a local store.) There are a few cons to this, like that it's a bit tall for DD's lunch bag (but we squeezed it in) and a single layer would be less complicated, but so far she loves it. It's marketed for salad, but you can put any dippers and dip on the top or just use them as 3 compartments for whatever you want, and then you have one large compartment on the bottom for a sandwich or whatever else you want. For the price I paid, it's worth a try. Looks like that company makes some other interesting looking options and I love that they're made in New Zealand, not China. Just thought I'd add this in case others are looking for options too. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC