Land's End Sale + 30% off - great deals on backpacks, etc.

ADS

Athena

THANK YOU!!! I just ordered way too much! :D

A bunch of it is for DD for next winter. And I got these http://www.landsend.com/pp/girls-woven-tiered-skirt~234155_1187.html skirts plus tights for both DDs for a cute holiday picture.

What are others getting?

I'm very tempted by the backpacks, but the really nice ones sound/look so big for my skinny, narrow, dainty 6 year old. Anyone have these? I would just order and see, but I can't return it if we personalize it.

ctbcleveland

We have a Classmate or Feathermate - a small one - for my oldest son and it is fine for preschool, but I think it is too small for school. So, I upgraded him to the Dash Pack for when he is older and then got my youngest the Medium featherlight. Hopefully it will work! He loves red and orange so I was happy to find something we like.

Athena

We have a Classmate or Feathermate - a small one - for my oldest son and it is fine for preschool, but I think it is too small for school. So, I upgraded him to the Dash Pack for when he is older and then got my youngest the Medium featherlight. Hopefully it will work! He loves red and orange so I was happy to find something we like.

Wow, that seems so big. My DD1 is still using her LL Bean Junior Original for 1st grade, but I was planning for her next size/grade. I much prefer to spend $10 to the original $35-45. :eek: :D

I had planned on just going up to the Featherlight 100, but the options are limited and the cutest designs are on the bigger packs. I'll have to try DD2's Featherlight 100 on her to see if it looks like we could go larger than that. I don't want something that's way too big and falling off of her ... Unfortunately, I can't give DD1 the Featherlight 100 we already have because it's been promised to DD2 for Kindergarten next year ... another early clearance buy.

ctbcleveland

Yeah - So I checked online and we had the featherlight 100 and I think there is limited room once you put a lunch bag in there. Today, I put my DS's snowpants and a lunch bag and it would have been tough to get a couple of library books or folders in there too. Plus, I am pretty motivated to shove stuff in, but he is less nimble and I don't want him to get frustrated trying to manage on his own in kindy. For him, if it is too big, he can still use his featherlight for a year or two.

Athena

Did you get the lunch pack too? Given these prices, I could get her something that matches, but I wish I could see all these things in person. The main difference I'm noticing is that some are soft and some have a molded, hard inside. The harder one looks easier to wipe, but when her current bag gets bad, I like that I can throw it in the washing machine. Gets that nasty dried yogurt out of the crevices.

Athena

Ordered the Featherlight in Medium. I would guess that's about equivalent to last year's 200.

Anyone else notice they still have their "what will it fit" videos online? I found this far more informative because they really show you the features, while showing what it fits. And my girls laughed and laughed after they dropped the balls on his head. :)

Last edited:

ctbcleveland

Did you get the lunch pack too? Given these prices, I could get her something that matches, but I wish I could see all these things in person. The main difference I'm noticing is that some are soft and some have a molded, hard inside. The harder one looks easier to wipe, but when her current bag gets bad, I like that I can throw it in the washing machine. Gets that nasty dried yogurt out of the crevices.

Well duh...of course I had to get the matching lunch bag!

I got the one with the soft sides, just because that is what I am used to.

Athena

I am confused with all the names

which one for a grade 1?

It probably depends on your school's requirements and the size of the child, but I'll tell you about what I did for my 6yo first grader. I wanted to get the Featherlight 100/"small", but given the reduced selection, had to get the size medium. I think given it has that sternum strap to use if the straps are too big and those side straps to reduce the depth, it'll work out great even if it's a bit big for my dainty girl. :)

Check out the "what it fits" videos below the product image on each product's page. It really shows you what each pack has, fits, and how it works.

Athena

FYI: I think there's just a few basic lines: classmate (small-medium-large), featherlight (small-med-large, previously 100-200-300), and dash, plus whatever they call the little preschool pack.

tiggercat

Is the large backpack big enough for a 7th grader? He needs it to fit his big (3in?) binder and pencil case, plus his lunch kit (laptop lunchbox or thermos soft sided rectangular).

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Athena

Is the large backpack big enough for a 7th grader? He needs it to fit his big (3in?) binder and pencil case, plus his lunch kit (laptop lunchbox or thermos soft sided rectangular).

Did you watch the what it fits video? The measurements for the "large" packs look large to me, so I would think so, but I haven't tried it myself. HTH.

Actually, the dash looked/sounded big to me until I looked at these. :)

tiggercat

Did you watch the what it fits video? The measurements for the "large" packs look large to me, so I would think so, but I haven't tried it myself. HTH.

Actually, the dash looked/sounded big to me until I looked at these. :)

I don't seem to be able to watch the video on my iPod ;) My world is the size of it's screen right at the moment!
Kiddo is tough on bags so even though he has one that works ok right now, I would love to get a decent back up :p

Athena

I don't seem to be able to watch the video on my iPod ;)

Got it. Just watched the video and, according to them, it fits a lot. They really stuff it, but I think you'd be fine. If not, you can return it to their counter at most Sears stores. I hope this helps.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Thanks for posting this. I got it in my email but didn't realize that the 30% off applied to sale items too. :thumbsup: I bought myself some much-needed items (two pairs of pants and a few long-sleeved shirts). I was also able to get some things for DS - swim shorts/rash guard along with heavy-duty gloves and insulated hiking boots for winter camping.

Athena

So, I upgraded him to the Dash Pack for when he is older and then got my youngest the Medium featherlight.

When I looked closer, these are actually a lot closer in size than I'd originally realized. I think I was fixated too much on the added height of the dash, but that extra pocket underneath it allows is very cool.

Well duh...of course I had to get the matching lunch bag!

LOL.

Thanks again for posting this deal. I'd been waiting for them to have a sale to stock up and DD says it will be nice to have a bigger pack for her winter gear. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC