Trick to Maestro harness?

sjfost

I bought a Maestro for Titan today because the Frontier is overkill for him. It's so deep from front to back that it really cuts into his leg room in the second row of my Jeep Commander. I'm not loving the harness on the Maestro so far as it seems to tighten more on one side than the other. Is there a trick to help with that?

ADS

DMS721

We returned the Maestro we got as a back up seat because the harness was always getting tangled and would never tighten evenly. I think it was because it is a continuous harness. Our primary seat is a Frontier and we ended up just buying a second one, because I couldn't deal with the Maestro.

tam_shops

I've never had a problem w/ the harness on the Maestro. My d/c lady, the biggest complainer in the world, has never complained about it either.

At any rate, as PP said, it's a continuous harness. That means it's one long attached harness. If it's a problem, just pull it all the way out, jiggle it side to side until even and then tighten.

Oh, I think I know why I don't have a problem, I don't adjust the harness each time. I just adjust it for the child and leave it there unless a thick/thin sweater makes it too tight/loose and then I'd adjust it a click or two.

I *love* the Maestro for a travel and back-up seat. It's light and easy to install. Light being really important sometimes for a temporary seat. Last week, I got my car interior cleaned. Friend picked us up. I told the Frontier out of my car and put the Maestro in. I didn't want car guys touching our car seats. We got there, ODS carried his booster, I pulled out YDS's Maestro. Then, YDS went into another seat in friend's car and ODS went into the Maestro. It had to go into the 3rd row, through the back. Then, booster went on the floor. It was *perfect* no way I'd have been able to do that w/ the Frontier. That I left on the floor in our play room for the day. Then, left the car empty to dry the next day before putting the Frontier/Oobr back into our car...

Yep, LOVE the Maestro for a spare seat, figure out the harness, it's worth it.

arly1983

We love our maestro, too! If it fit in the 3-across in my main car then I would probably have two. The harness is continuous harness so you do have even it out when you buckle. Because of that I don't loosen and tighten each time. I put DS2 in and then I buckle just the chest clip and hold it out from his body and I can "feel" if one side is tighten than the other and give it a tiny tug on the tighter side until is evens out. Then I buckle the crotch buckle and check for overall tightness. Takes me a couple of seconds to do at most.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC