Do YOU trust SuperLatch?

love-pink

Do YOU personally trust/use SuperLatch past your vehicles latch limit?

If your car was made after the stated 2005 mfg date of course ;)

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I trust that the anchors and connectors won't fail, sure. However, I have had problems installing securely with SuperLATCH so I don't actually trust it at any weight, for other reasons.

amyd

My vehicle defers to the restraint manufacturer. That said, I'm not in the harness forever camp. My 40lber (currently 4y9m) will be in a booster full time when he goes to school in the fall so I don't ever anticipate needing/wanting to use LATCH past 48lbs.

tiggercat

No, I don't trust super latch. And even in a vehicle that defers to the manufacturer (My ex's vehicle is a Toyota with a RN) I would be wary of going over 48ish lbs. it's a moot point though, since my little guy will probably outgrow the Radian will before that.

ETA, I am comfortable using latch to install the radian as long as the tilt lock is positioned away from the belt path and can't be easily depressed.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

Baylor

No. It's the reason I did not buy it. To me it's part of the big sell and I just can not go against the vehicle rec.

I also remember all the issues with sl that I am not aure were ever addressed correctly.

auto correct hates me

bnsnyde

Yes. Used it to 53 lbs. in my Honda van.
This is also a seat that gives not so great seatbelt installs in the seating positions I need it. SL is always an awesome install!

bubbaray

No. I do not trust anything Diono says. Plus there was the whole SL loosening fiasco. I would not use SL for my own children.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'll use it up to the weight limits set by the car (or 48 lbs--whichever comes first), but not beyond.

Stelvis

Nope. After my SL loosening problems and how they handled them (I still don't think they've ever actually conceded that it was a problem?), I will never trust that company with my child's life and I will never believe anything they have to say.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC