Looking at a new vehicle, possible small/midsize SUV or Minivan, for a family of 4...advice?

carolinagirl

We currently only have 1 child but we are planning to start trying for another soon. One of the major things that has to change first though is I have to get another vehicle. I have been driving a 98 Mitsubishi Galant for 2 years in order to pay off some bills we are finally done! Not a moment too soon either since everything is going wrong with the Galant now. We are planning to buy within the next month so we are trying to do our research on all our options now.

Whatever I get, it will be our main family car so safety and functionality are very important My husband drives a 2007 Toyota Camry and we know we want something bigger than that, so for sure we are looking into an SUV, Crossover, or Minivan. I really want something with a third row. We won't need to use it often so it doesn't have to be super roomy, but I would like to have the ability to still fit a couple people riding with us even once we have another child. I have to drive out of town for work so gas mileage is important as well. I am looking used and planning on spending no more than 16,000 hopefully.

So far we've looked a bit at a Honda Pilot, a Toyota Highlander (though both lacked a bit in gas mileage) a Kia Sedona, and a Mazda 5. So far the one that is catching my attention the most is the Mazda 5, both for the price and gas mileage, but I have yet to actually see one in person to see how useable the third row could be.

So, any suggestions or advice???

ADS

montanamama

We just test drove the Mazda 5 today and I am in LOVE!!! I currently have a Mazda MPV (full sized mini van) and love the 5! We will be getting one to replace my Dh's Ford Frestyle. If you do a search on the Mazda 5 Darren did a great review of it on the blog, and there are quite a few members here who drive one.

Phineasmama

I have a couple friends who have the Mazda 5 and really like it :) I've seen it in person and the 3rd row is definitely useable. I think for a family with 2 kids it's really perfect, because you have the 3rd row if you need it, but you can also have one or both 3rd row seats folded down for extra cargo room.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC