Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Unregistered

6 kids SUV or Van - Canada

I own a 2002 Pontiac Montana. It is a 7 passenger van. I have 4 kids currently, my dd1 is 4, ds1 is 3, ds2 is 3, and dd2 is 15 months. I found out that I am going to have twins (again!!) in June. DD1 is going to be 4 almost 5 ( turns 5 in August), the two boys will be 4 as well, and dd2 will be 20 months.

Car seat wise I have 3 radians, 1 frontier, 1 graco safeseat (expires December 2013), 2 guide 65s, 2 sceneras, 1 evenflo tribute. I use the radians and frontier and all the other are for travel, grandparents and dad.

So what I'm wondering is, I need a new vehicle that will fit all 8 of us comfortably. I'm 6 foot and husbands 6'4. So either van or SUV. Something that I'm not going to be moving car seats. Something good on gas, budget is of absolutely no matter. Also I need infant seats that would hopefully fit with all my other seats in the car or what seats would puzzle well together!!

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 6 kids SUV or Van

Wow, congrats!

If I had a family of 8 and no budget constraints I'd look at the Nissan NV passenger van, without question.

4. Thank You from:

Yup. Definitely Nissan NV. GL!
    Melissa

DD#1, April 2004, FFg in a Pink Harmony Literider & Onyx Parkway SG
    DD#2, January 2007, FFg in a Pink Monterey & Purple with Pink Hearts HBTB

Riding in my 2010 Toyota RAV4 and DH's 2011 Ford 150 Crew Cab

6. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

Re: 6 kids SUV or Van - Canada

NV! For sure My brother has one with 5 kids and it is awesome. Feel free to PM me if you've got questions I've done lots of playing with seats in it.

Wow congrats!!
    You had twins when your oldest was under 1? You are one tough mama!
    good luck have fun shopping.. I'd test drive.. take it home and play with your seats in it.
    Mama to Landon 5.13.03 in SK Montereys in LBB mode at 115 lbs/58" and Chase 4.17.09 in Radian XTs @ 37 lbs/40" and Lexi 9.12.11 in a Radian XT @23lbs/27"

What's your budget? And what sort of driving do you usually do? Are you planning to have more children?

I've never driven the NV. It looks awesome, though. I just wanted to say that if you're mostly running errands around the city, you might not want something huge. I have an 8p Safari and a 15p Express. I prefer the Safari so much that we don't always have insurance on the Express. I hate driving that monster around. If I had known we weren't having more than 6 kids, I would have gotten a Sienna. We got the Safari so that we would have more money available for the Express (which we knew we would likely need within a few years LOL).
    17yrs, 15yrs, 13yrs, 11yrs , 9yrs (58", 75lbs, Incognito), 7yrs (46", 50lbs, Dreamtime), 5yrs (41", 35lbs, RN), 3yrs (30lbs, RF Marathon), NB (Peg 4-35)
    '14 Mazda5, '06 Chevy Express, '08 Toyota Tundra