Chaperone vs. Prezi

laudymama

Does anyone know how these 2 seats compare? I have scoured the internet and not having much luck, but I have never claimed to be good at searches either:eek: I was really leaning toward the Chaperone but tried it in my car a couple days ago and although it fit, I did have to move my driver's seat up a tiny bit -still safe and mostly comfortable, just annoying! We have a KF w/22lb limit but I really didn't like the fabric and ds was always a wet, sweaty mess every time he was in it and I also know more about seats now than I did then and prefer ARB features and headwings :) I thought I read some negative things that turned me off of the Prezi initially and that's why I focused on the Chaperone, but now I'm not finding that anywhere so I may have hallucinated it:p I really like the fabric on the Prezi, but did love my britax seat until ds outgrew it rf. Obviously the price difference is huge considering Amazon's prices on the Chaperone right now, but any insight to how these 2 compare would be helpful and appreciated!

ADS

Phineasmama

I'd much rather get an Aton than the Prezi ;) the handle acts as rebound control and if you install with the seat belt you can also do euro routing. I loved my Aton.

Spam

The Chaperone is heavy. I became annoyed at the top heaviness of it, every time I set it down empty it flipped back, of course I could have taken the time to move the handle to resting position but I just liked to sit down, it's also really long in the car as you discovered. I haven't gotten to play with a prezi yet, I was intrigued by it at first, but idk I usually end up disappointed in dorel seats and the headrest does look funny. Just between the chaperone and prezi, I'd probably go prezi though. I currently have a huge crush on the aton and am trying to decide if I want one. It takes up the least amount space rearfacing.

koda&phiasmama

I have no experience with the prezi, it is out of my price range for a bucket but that's just a preference. My experience with the chaperone was terrible, yes it functioned great and was certainly safe but heavy doesn't describe it, the thing is a beast ! But my ultimate reason for never choosing it again would be that DD hated the thing from early on, I believe she was frustrated by the head wings and not being able to see around them. We toughed it out to 10 months until we could afford a convertible we wanted.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
How about the Aton?

I'm not a Chaperone fan and think the Prezi is ugly, so I'd personally use a KF over those any day.

Lnp838

the sunshade on the prezi would bug me. we have two chaperones and i love them...although my husband can't drive when they're installed as he is 6'4''...but there solid as a rock, LOVE the no rethread harness esp. w/ having twins, and we were able to get them for $179 a piece on sale at BRU

laudymama

Thank you all for the input! I didn't know about the Aton and the handle acting as ARB -pretty cool! I just wish it had headwings. I'm not real fond of the price on the Prezi either -nor am I a fan of dorel seats, but thought if maybe I heard some amazing things about it I could be swayed to fork it over:p I am pretty sure I would be in love with the Chaperone if it weren't for the sheer length of it and I did notice it felt heavier than most other infant carriers.
I remembered which seat I had heard the negatives on and am now looking for insight here on it….the combi shuttle! Any insight or opinions on that one? It says it has headwings but the pics I've seen don't look like "traditional ones". No store in my area carries it, so I can't even go look :( I'm really torn between using my KF that I didn't really care for or being annoyed by the size of the chaperone unless someone can win me over on the shuttle. Oh and I should maybe mention that I am planning to get a snap & go for the early months and a city mini double gt w/ carseat adapter when ds is in tow also.

Phineasmama

I wouldn't worry about head wings in the Aton, the sides are nice and deep, and very padded and plush. Plus some babies hate head wings, you never know what you're gonna get :rolleyes:

Lnp838

Thank you all for the input! I didn't know about the Aton and the handle acting as ARB -pretty cool! I just wish it had headwings. I'm not real fond of the price on the Prezi either -nor am I a fan of dorel seats, but thought if maybe I heard some amazing things about it I could be swayed to fork it over:p I am pretty sure I would be in love with the Chaperone if it weren't for the sheer length of it and I did notice it felt heavier than most other infant carriers.
I remembered which seat I had heard the negatives on and am now looking for insight here on it….the combi shuttle! Any insight or opinions on that one? It says it has headwings but the pics I've seen don't look like "traditional ones". No store in my area carries it, so I can't even go look :( I'm really torn between using my KF that I didn't really care for or being annoyed by the size of the chaperone unless someone can win me over on the shuttle. Oh and I should maybe mention that I am planning to get a snap & go for the early months and a city mini double gt w/ carseat adapter when ds is in tow also.

I've heard the combo has a puzzle buckle which is frustrating to deal with. we have the city mini double GT as well and use the baby trend universal double snap n go w/ our chaperones and it works great. The chaperone is 10 lbs, the KF is 9, safety first is 9, graco snug ride 35 is 9...so really its not that much heavier. the lightest is graces new snug ride CLICK CONNECT 35 & it is 7.5lbs (I'm just not sure if its out yet). I had a c section and twins and I'm not having too much trouble getting them in and out of the car. All car seats are going to be heavy when you put a baby in it.

bnsnyde

I have a Chaperone (great, love it) and I think I want an Aton for baby #5. But I read somewhere the Aton II is coming out, and WOW it sounds good. I think I'll just wait until it gets here and get it no matter how old baby is, assuming it's within the first few months. Baby due May and Aton II due in spring, unless I read incorrectly???

kidzndogz

bnsnyde said:
I have a Chaperone (great, love it) and I think I want an Aton for baby #5. But I read somewhere the Aton II is coming out, and WOW it sounds good. I think I'll just wait until it gets here and get it no matter how old baby is, assuming it's within the first few months. Baby due May and Aton II due in spring, unless I read incorrectly???

It's still Spring afaik, and it has added SIP and a load leg. ::love::

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC