I'm itchy. Itchy for a new car seat. What's new?

luckyclov

I've been a little out-of-the-loop for the last few months, but things have mellowed out until Feb, so I'm starting to itch for a new seat.

I had spent all summer and fall sure it was going to be foonf, but given my eh-eh feelings with the prototype (rear-facing) back in May and now being in a different vehicle (and reading other peoples' "reviews"), I'm not so sure. And I don't think I want to FF DS2 yet, anyways (which is all I want foonf for).

So, what did I miss? Anything promising out there I should go for next?

DS2 will be 3 in about a week, about 36" tall, and 31-32 lbs. Average torso. He's in an RXT now.

ADS

Lenae

I don't have any recommendations, but I feel the itch too. I can't justify a new seat though, lol.

Carolinadaisy

I wish the Chicco nextfit would come out now! I am itchy to see that seat. I really think I would like to buy for ds2. He is riding in our 2008 Boulevard 65 and there is nothing wrong with it, but I would like to get him his own new seat to ride in. It will either be that or a radian. I loved our keyfit though and the radian ratcheting harness just doesn't sound fun to me.

zactayaus

I am super itchy for a new seat and although my ds will most likely be 4 years old and only have a very short time left in it when it comes out I am dying to try out the Chicco Nextfit. Hope it comes out soon!

Carolinadaisy

I am thinking I read April or May somewhere. I am just wishing it would come early. Ds2 has a March birthday that I am wanting to use as an excuse!

Keeks64

I've got the itch too! But really don't need a seat at this point & time lol

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Mercuria

I think April/May was just the musing because they said late second quarter. I think the site that was taking preorders has taken them down, but I don't know us that's because they got in trouble, or because the release date got pushed.

Phineasmama

I think April/May was just the musing because they said late second quarter. I think the site that was taking preorders has taken them down, but I don't know us that's because they got in trouble, or because the release date got pushed.

Magic Beans has them on preorder right now.

Phineasmama

LOL! I am interested to see how tall it goes RFing, like what the rule for the head rest is. DD2 is just huge, and I'm not sure how long she'll fit RFing in the Peg. If she fits in it till 3 I'd call it good enough, but if not I might want to get her another seat.

luckyclov

I think you all need some carseat Benadryl.
Or antibiotics.:whistle:

The NextFit doesn't scream at me. Sigh.

I think I may just curb my itch for awhile and get foonf once it's been out longer, I wanna see what it does, how people like it long-term, if there are other fabric options (solid fabric!) on the black shell. I don't love the white shell so much. And I only want it for FF and I'm not ready to FF yet.

abbi_n_nadia

The chicco nextfit is calling me too. Can't wait to see more pics and info about it! The foonf just does not interest me at all. I was intrigued by the 50lb RFing limit and hype but always thought it looked funky (and the more pictures I see just confirms that plus the sketchiness about the diff weight limits here and Canada). The Nextfit looks/sounds awesome tho!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC