Help? Ready to send this Monterey back! :(

Athena

I finally received the new head piece today. Thank you to those of you who posted how to change them!

Then I took the fabric cover off and attempted to put it on the new head piece. That's where I'm stuck. I am attempting to pull those elastic cords over their spokes with no luck, but then it occurred to me. If I do that, it will cover the belt guide opening. So how will that work anyway? Am I doing something wrong here?

I really wish I had more options for my skinny DD. I don't even know if this is going to work for her after all the extra trouble.

Last edited:
ADS

Baylor

No it doesn't. It seems like it will but it won't. I thought the same thing. I have to go out and look at mine but it is the way you route the elastic bands. The cover will not cover guides when correctly installed.

auto correct hates me

Athena

Sorry you have no responses... I don't know the answer either... Good luck! Call the manufacturer??

Thank you for bumping it. I just tried and they aren't answering. It says they open at 8am pacific time and it's after 8, so where are they? They don't say anything about M-F, so that would be everyday ... unless they missed that detail like they missed some details when designing this seat or sending out head pieces without instructions.

No it doesn't. It seems like it will but it won't. I thought the same thing. I have to go out and look at mine but it is the way you route the elastic bands. The cover will not cover guides when correctly installed.

Thank you. I'll try again. Did you have trouble getting the cover as a whole to push down and on all the way too. It's "on", but the cover doesn't want to sit down completely flat against the foam, so not really completely on. Feels like that inflexible Graco stuff. :(

Baylor

No. It was pretty easy. I am about to jump in shower. But then ill run out and get pics for you. I know how frustrating it is but in the end it's worth it. I can put this seat in any car in any positions and it retracts.

auto correct hates me

Athena

No. It was pretty easy. I am about to jump in shower. But then ill run out and get pics for you. I know how frustrating it is but in the end it's worth it. I can put this seat in any car in any positions and it retracts.

auto correct hates me

I wonder if my fabric was sewn a bit tighter because I'm not used to having this much trouble putting on my other fabrics or other elastics.

Thank you for the help and encouragement. I hope it's worth it, but in our case, I'm not certain it will fit my very narrow shouldered DD well enough in the end. She's hard to fit. Maybe I should put it in the car and her in the booster and check the fit with this new belt guide before struggling more with the fabric/elastics.

scariestone

Tweezers. That's how I had to do it. I jammed them through the hole, grabbed the elastic with them and pulled it through and onto the spoke. Its absolutely the worst design for putting a cover on I've ever seen. I don't recall having any trouble getting the cover over the headwings though. Is it caught up on something maybe?

Athena

Tweezers. That's how I had to do it. I jammed them through the hole, grabbed the elastic with them and pulled it through and onto the spoke. Its absolutely the worst design for putting a cover on I've ever seen. I don't recall having any trouble getting the cover over the headwings though. Is it caught up on something maybe?

The design is ridiculous. There is no excuse for it.

The whole top cover is just sewn too tight. Tried a bunch of times ... had someone else try.

Thanks to you all for all the help!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC