Question Time to rearrange!

Dorothy

This is going to get long. I need help thinking this out.

DS has outgrown the RA55 rfing. It's not worth keeping for ffing since he is only .25" from the top slots ffing. He has about 1" before he outgrows the MR rfing. DD has about .75" before she outgrows her TF ffing.

I have a RN80 w/ AA I can move DS into rfing in the main vehicle. DD has a Maestro in the secondary vehicle. I also have an Avenue in the closet that DS fits both rfing and ffing.

I'm going to need at least one new seat. DD is newly 5 yo, but I don't feel she's ready for a booster yet. She's wiggly and still goes floppy when she falls asleep.

Our secondary vehicle is a '00 Silverado ext cab. It makes the front passenger pretty tight, but I can fit the Ave rfing behind the passenger seat until DS turns 3 yo in a couple of months. I will get another TA retrofitted and flip him ffing then. I really want something with deep sides if I'm going to move DD outboard in that vehicle. I could move the Maestro to the main vehicle, and put the Ave in the center of the secondary vehicle for DS. He's only 30# and on the second-to-the-top slots.

Should I try to sell the RA55 and find a _____ for DD? ProSport, maybe? Then, the TF will be our spare seat until it expires next year. The MR will find a new home.

Sound good? I'm open to suggestions.

Last edited:
ADS

Dorothy

I can't find a PS to try before buying. What else has super-deep sides?

Another thing: DD doesn't like to slump when she sleeps. She gets very grumpy about it. So, I need something that's not too upright. Also, there's not a lot of leg room, so something that has good leg support without being too bulky.

Boy, that's a lot of criteria to meet! Eeek!

momtoo3

My first thought was FR85 for your DD but with a tight back seat it probably won't work. It hangs off the seat of my van a little and the seats are pretty deep. I would probably either order a ProSport from somewhere with a good return policy (I like diapers.com and amazon (who owns diapers.com) or keep using the TF until she outgrows it and reevaluate. I was 100% sure ds3 was going to be harnessed until at least age 6 and over the past couple of months he has matured and calmed down a lot. I know he is young for a booster (he turned 4 last Sept) but I have been letting him ride in ds2's Vivo for trips less than 10 minutes and I have only had to correct him 1 time out of about 20 rides and that was because his brother took his hat and was holding it over his head :rolleyes:. I was going to be ordering a ProSport for him in our truck to replace his TFP because I wanted something that could convert to a booster (and my sister needs a convertible seat by the summer for my nephew.) Now I am on hold, debating on getting the ProSport or getting a booster with nice deep head wings (I love the Vivo.) .75 inches could be 6-9 months from now since older kids don't grow as fast in general. A ProSport couldn't hurt though because it turns into a good booster and has nice big side and head wings.

ETA: And just wanted to add that I am not endorsing using a booster at 4 yrs old. Most kids are not ready to sit properly until at least 5. My 3rd child is just proving to be a little more ready sooner...at least for now. I know that may change as the novelty of being big like his brothers wears off. He will continue to be harnessed until at least 5 in our main vehicles, especially for rides over 10 minutes. Our truck is rarely used so that is where I am debating.

Dorothy

Thanks for the reply. :) I am in the same boat with the ext cab in question. I could count on one hand how many times the kids have been in it since June. And, the way its looking, we may or may not still have that particular vehicle come April.

You've boosted my resolve to just wait and re-evaluate in a few months. Also, its good to know the ProSport might be a good choice for a tighter back seat. I wasn't sure if there was something new and great that I might have missed. ;-) Thanks, again!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC