Need advice on Regent installation (pics included)

2littlemonkeys

Well,
after much research I went and got the Regent for my ds today. I tried it out at BRU and it fit but that was without the recline bar. So, when I got home and installed it with the recline bar the seat hangs over slightly. I also had to take out the Tacoma's headrest to get a tight fit. I know it is a bit tough to judge by pictures but does this look alright?
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n109/2_littlemonkeys/DSCN3248.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n109/2_littlemonkeys/DSCN3245.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n109/2_littlemonkeys/DSCN3247.jpg

Thanks in advance!:)

Kim

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
What a cutie :). Good pictures. My only question is, is he over or under 40 pounds, and when was your Regent made? (That helps determine if you should be using the 'long belt' path... if he's under 40 pounds and the seat was made after 6/18/07)
Otherwise, there's enough of the seat on the vehicle seat it's fine :)

crunchierthanthou

The overhang is fine. You just need to make sure that at least 80% of the base is on the vehicle seat.

The regent doesn't require the headrest to be there. Double check your vehicle owner's manual, but I think it's fine- especially since the headrest is removable.

Are you using the short belt path? LATCH or seatbelt? What size is your son?

2littlemonkeys

Thanks so much for the replies. The DOM is July 9th 2007 and I installed it with LATCH connectors using the long belt route. (DS is just over 39'' tall and weighs 35lbs)
I double checked the vehicle owner's manual and couldn't find anything about the headrest so I'm assuming it's o.k. to leave it off.

DS absolutely LOVES the seat. I had to bribe him with his favorite snack to get him out of the seat. :D

crunchierthanthou

Did you route the LATCH belt under the cover? I can't tell if it is coming over the outside of the seat. The long belt path is over the outside edge of the seat, behind the back and back out over the top.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC