Seat arrangement

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
I'm getting ready to put the babys carseat in the car. And I KNOW what I would tell someone else to do, but I'm questioning myself.

I have an 06 Explorer, 5yo DD is in an XTSL, FF. I like her in the center because of the NHTSA side impact test videos from a few months back, plus I'm afraid on her hitting her head on the back of the front seats in a crash if she is OB. DS will be in a KF. I'm wanting to put him OB, drivers side (easier to get him in/out on that side in the garage). Would YOU keep her in the center and a newborn OB?

In DHs CRV, she rides OB in a Nauti and since I HATE(with the passion of a thousand suns) the center seatbelt in that thing, I plan to put DS OB in a SR30.

ADS

Phineasmama

In DHs CRV, she rides OB in a Nauti and since I HATE(with the passion of a thousand suns) the center seatbelt in that thing, I plan to put DS OB in a SR30.

Just wanted to commiserate on the awful center seat belt :rolleyes:

whitneyg

I have an 06 Explorer, 5yo DD is in an XTSL, FF. I like her in the center because of the NHTSA side impact test videos from a few months back, plus I'm afraid on her hitting her head on the back of the front seats in a crash if she is OB.

I have seen this mentioned a few times now. Can someone tell me what the concern is with having a FF RXT/XTSL in an OB position? My girl is RF in an RXT now but will be FF eventually. Baby brother is in the center in a CCO and I was hoping to keep him there. Is this a bad idea?

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
I have seen this mentioned a few times now. Can someone tell me what the concern is with having a FF RXT/XTSL in an OB position? My girl is RF in an RXT now but will be FF eventually. Baby brother is in the center in a CCO and I was hoping to keep him there. Is this a bad idea?

I'm horrible at searching/linking from my phone. Hopefully someone will come along and post the video or the link to the post.

Several months ago, SIP videos were released, only videos no data, showing a dummy in a wingless Radian. If I remember correctly, the dummys head made contact with what would have been the door. It wasn't pretty. Again, we have no data, it's just my parental decision to avoids using it OB if at all possible.

whitneyg

I'm horrible at searching/linking from my phone. Hopefully someone will come along and post the video or the link to the post.

Several months ago, SIP videos were released, only videos no data, showing a dummy in a wingless Radian. If I remember correctly, the dummys head made contact with what would have been the door. It wasn't pretty. Again, we have no data, it's just my parental decision to avoids using it OB if at all possible.

Wingless? So would it likely make a difference if it was the winged variety? Or would something like a FF Boulevard or Prosport do the trick as well? I am still in seat decision limbo and need to decide soon on what to use as a FF outboard seat in my mom's car, and in our car eventually.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC