Question Need tech help, infant seat reps around Wichita, KS

Dorothy

I have not been paying much attention to infant seats lately. I need recommendations for an infant seat that can be purchased in-store at Walmart, Target, or Babies R Us. Main vehicle would be a small car (Dodge Caliber, I think). I don't know the size of the infant nor if there are any special needs. TIA

ADS

Dorothy

Sorry to be impatient, especially at night, but I need to pass along the info tonight. I have recommended the Key Fit, but that just because I'm most familiar with it. I didn't know if another seat might work better. Also, the family would like to meet with a tech, if possible. Thanks, again. :)

Dorothy

I did email them the tech list, but its long. That's good and bad, I suppose. ;-) I just want them to get a good tech!

And thanks for the KF vote. :)

littleangelfire

Do they ever come to KC? I'm here. Or I guess that's counterintuitive to drive really far not sure if a seat is installed correctly.

Dorothy

They'll be here in February, maybe. And, if they come, I'd love to set up an appointment with you! :) I probably ought to have you check my seats, too.

DH asked me if I was going to go meet them to help. DS is sick, though. You know, besides the whole hours-long drive thing.

littleangelfire

They'll be here in February, maybe. And, if they come, I'd love to set up an appointment with you! :) I probably ought to have you check my seats, too.

DH asked me if I was going to go meet them to help. DS is sick, though. You know, besides the whole hours-long drive thing.

Sounds good, well, not the sick part, ick. And I don't think I'd drive an hour either. :(

creideamh

I'm an hour west of KC, but never in Wichita, sorry!! Keyfits are SO EASY to install though, people come through all the time with them for newborns and the only incorrect thing I've had is using center LATCH. (And basic harness issues that can be corrected with looking at pictures if needed.) Kinda like Britax... I almost never have an incorrect Britax install.

Dorothy

They are way west, so I would imagine they'll head south at Salina. They won't come close to either of you, unfortunately.

Thank you for another KF vote, though. That makes me feel like I didn't lead them astray. ;-)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'd add the SnugRide 35 and the SnugRide 40 ClickConnect but really, can't go wrong with the Keyfit! Well, you can, but not as easily as with others. ;)

Dorothy

Thank you for the input, everyone! :)

I wondered about those, KQ, but I couldn't remember how much bigger it was than the KF. I don't know how difficult their car will be since they're both tall-ish. I don't think baby is going home today, so mom might have a chance to come this way to meet with a tech. :)

Dorothy

Update: Baby did not arrive yet. And, I got in touch with a tech on the public signup. :)

ETA: And I think they might have ended up with a Baby Trend. The shape of the handle...

Last edited:

Dorothy

Baby has a chance of being early. Maybe by a little more than a month. Hopefully baby will bake longer, but, if not, will the Baby Trend work? Or, do they need to be prepared to Exchange it for something else?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC