2 baby carrier questions

CommMom

Senior Community Member
First of all, does anybody have thoughts about a Boba Wrap? A local baby store is closing and has a few on sale. I'm thinking about picking one up for a friend who is adopting a newbie in a few months.

Secondly, would there be any benefit in my trying to find a ring sling? DD is 4 months and isn't grooving on being wrapped. Sometimes she'll ride in the Ergo. Mostly she wants to be held, so I was wondering about a ring sling for a hip carry so that at least I don't have to carry all of her weight on my arms. I do have an EllaRoo wrap, so maybe I could try a similar setup with that?

ADS

newyorkDOC

You could also get a couple sling rings and try your ellaroo as a no sew RS. Although TBH I find my ellaroo really grippy am not sure how well it would work when sliding through the rings.

tmk67

a ring sling is nice for any age.
Too bad you can't get a woven wrap on that stoore closing sale ;)
I do not have experience with a Boba wrap though.

CommMom

Senior Community Member
I know! I was hoping to find a ring sling at the store closing sale because now anything I want like that has to be ordered. Nobody else around here carries woven wraps or simple ring slings. She also had one regular Boba left that I might go back after for my friend (I asked her about the wrap but she's not sure she can see herself wrapping, period.) if it's still there. (I've got a Boba already, so I don't need one, lol.)

I'm truly sorry this store is closing. This was a local small business that sold all manner of baby wearing devices, cloth diapers & wipes, pumps & parts. I've bought almost all of my carriers from her, multiple pump & pump parts, nursing bras, and other natural products. You could get so many things there that nobody else had. It's sad that our community is losing the only small natural parenting retailer we had.

thtr4me

Good for doing an upright carry! I rarely recommend cradle anymore. It is so important to get proper positioning in a cradle carry to avoid the chin to chest problem. As for the extra length, when I have that I usually just wrap around my waist a few times. If you do it loosely, you may be able to do that with the extra length.

And that is so sad that such a great store is closing. I have a dream one day to open a similar store in my area, with emphasis on breastfeeding and natural wooden toys.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC