Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Which one better for installs? Older Ody or Sienna?

I am trying to compare which vehicle will work better for installing child seats in the third row: a 2006-2010 Sienna or Odyssey. I have had trouble doing some RF installs in the third row of my friend's Ody and have never tried it with a Sienna.
    DS1 8/5/07, 48", 45 lbs, harnessed in Maestro/Nautilus
    DD 11/30/07 alternates FF in EFTA(FF). 31 lbs, 39.25" tall
    DS2 6/3/13 15.5 lbs, RF in EFTA/Nextfit
    Riding in 2006 7 pass Sienna and 2012 F-150

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

2nd generation ody vs sienna

How does the third row do for car seat installs? I had trouble doing some RF positions back there in my friend's Odyssey. Hoping the Sienna is better. I think part of the trouble was the car seat was hitting the captains chairs of the 2nd row.
    DS1 8/5/07, 48", 45 lbs, harnessed in Maestro/Nautilus
    DD 11/30/07 alternates FF in EFTA(FF). 31 lbs, 39.25" tall
    DS2 6/3/13 15.5 lbs, RF in EFTA/Nextfit
    Riding in 2006 7 pass Sienna and 2012 F-150

Re: Which one better for installs? Older Ody or Sienna?

I have a 2007 Sienna. My kids rode rear-facing in the 3rd row in classic Marathons for several years. I also had Sceneras back there rear-facing. Forward facing, I've done the Marathon with seatbelts or LATCH; Frontier with seatbelt or LATCH, Scenera, and Nautilus. Due to the fixed seatbelt stalk on the passenger side, some seats don't install properly with seatbelt in that position (or take a lot of work to get right). I use LATCH in that position as my kids are lightweights.

My biggest complaint about the van is that there are only tether anchors for the passenger side and middle seats of that era Sienna in the 3rd row. I would rather have both tether anchors outboard.
    Renee
    CPST-I and Special Needs Trained
    Mom to 22yo seatbelt, 17yo seatbelt, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid