Question How long does the Amp work for kids?

mlohry

I have had the Amp love since I got my oldest DS one when he outgrew the HBTB by height. Problem now is that he just turned 10 and it makes him sit up so high in the captains chair in our Ody. The head rest I think is close or at the top height and I'm thinking he will get too tall for that booster in a year or before he's ready to go without a booster. Anyone else experience this with boosters? Should I get a more low profile booster? Which ones are good for big kids? I see that Graco has a new latchable one and I know someone has one that looks flatter and is good for big kids.

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
In what way is he not yet ready to go without the booster? Why do you think it will be another year before he is ready to go without a booster? When you are talking about a 10 year old in a backless, the general answer is you keep using the booster until the fit with the booster is worse than the fit without it. Sounds like he might be at about that point???

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
A low profile backless is probably the best choice, maybe like the Cruz? I'll get off my duff and see if the cosco stack it works (I have the Rightway, the highback version, it seems super tall, but even more 'flimsy' than the Amp's back--I just bought it the other day because the Amp raises my 7 year old too high to fit properly in the Escape, and it looks shorter and has cupholders which the cruz, top side, and bubble bum that I already own don't :rolleyes:). My kids needed boosters in Ody captain's chairs till a good 5 ft tall, almost 12, the Frontier was the only highback option that worked at that point.

mlohry

He for sure still needs the booster in our van. He's getting close in cars, but not quite there even in cars. Probably by Summer he will be there. For sure in the van he's not ready in any positions. It's just the Amp is so high. We are still fine now. It's very well possible that by early next year he will be close to 5 stepping.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC