Target Toy Clearance January 2013

Holly

Anyone scoping out the toys yet? The sale should be next Thursday! Things at my two stores are already 30% and 50% off!
There were a lot of Leapfrog toddler/preschooler toys, some cool car sets that I can't remember the name of, and more. I'm going back later this week to look some more.

ADS

stephpook

My Target has had toys on clearance since before Christmas - seems like half the department is covered in red markdown stickers and clearance signs. I was just there yesterday and it seemed like most of it was still 30% off, but I didn't look too closely either so I can't say for sure.

Kegracin

My Target has had toys on clearance since before Christmas - seems like half the department is covered in red markdown stickers and clearance signs. I was just there yesterday and it seemed like most of it was still 30% off, but I didn't look too closely either so I can't say for sure.

This was how my store is as well.

Mags462

Really? The big markdown on Jan 10? I seem to remember it being later in the month last year.... but my memory is foggy. :eek:

Holly

It was January 12th last year.

ETA: The one in July is later in the month, the 4th Thursday. January is the 2nd Thursday.

Last edited:

Holly

I looked again today. I want this Rev n go car set for Josh's birthday next month. One store also has some Sherrif Woody dolls with pull string and all. They only have a few. I want one if I can get one. There is a bunch of other great stuff too but I have to limit myself this year.

Holly

I went to another Target tonight and the Rev and go car set I wanted was already at 70% off! No other toys were yet. Weird. I bought it, of course!

Kegracin

My store has more at half price today. We got ds2 a power wheel four wheeler for 99.xx. (I don't even remember that isle being marked down yesturday.)

Mags462

Okay.... so since i am "new" to this toy clearance thing will they typically just drop the price on stuff drastically on "the big sale" day?

I was at my store today and it seemed like most was still only 30% .... i just cannot fathom it dropping drastically on Thurs.... but one car hope right? ;)

Cryssy Jane

My local stores just marked down to 30% this last week. There wasn't really anything major that I fell in love with to keep an eye on though. And none of our baby stuff is marked down at all.

NannyMom

I quickly browsed when I was at Target yesterday. Not a lot I want, but a few things to hold for classmate's birthday party gifts. In July I was quite disappointed. My target changed the game. Nothing went beyond 70%, most stayed at 30% or 50%.

crunchierthanthou

Mine didn't either. There were tons of people milling around the toy dept. I suppose they were expecting 70% off, too. Shoes didn't go 70% either, which usually happens the same day as toys.

stephpook

I've been to two different Targets in the last couple days. The one I went to on Friday was being completely reset and all the clearance toys moved to one aisle/the end caps. Everything was still 30-50% off.

The store I went to yesterday had been completely reset and all I saw were a few clearance end caps (if there was an entire aisle, I didn't see it). Everything was still 30% off.

The Woody dolls aren't even on clearance around here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC