anyone dislike the foonf?

ADS

tam_shops

What a great question! I waited for it, tried it, then found it too small. Then, realized it just wasn't adjusted right, then the holidays came...

tam

tiggercat

I haven't bought one, or even done a full install with one, but when I played with on last fall I wasn't nearly as taken with the seat as I thought I would be. I dislike the extra bits (rearfacing base, remove able ARB/pins, tool), and that the seat cushion pops off and it hard to get to stay in place. I found it counter intuitive to adjust. The straps didn't seem high quality. I dislike the lower weight/height limit 40/43 in Canada.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

kimmylynnk

Sad to say....it's not going to work for us. Put it RF in 2012 Honda odyssey middle seat and there's very little room between the car seat and the movie screen. Granted the video is used only on vacation time but its awfully close. The seat sits very high. Right now my 11 month old is in chicco key fit 30. He still has another 8 lbs to go in this seat. Now not sure if I should go w recaro or britax.... So disappointed... Sending it back to amazon ...

wavegal

i just got it today, Its very heavy and hard to adjust. I think we'll be sending it back.

I will say my ODS fit it rfing which was nice but he's too tall for it by their restrictions at 43.5in. He has outgrown every convertible( truefit and bv70). FFing he has a whole slot of room to grow.

luckyclov

Sad to say....it's not going to work for us. Put it RF in 2012 Honda odyssey middle seat and there's very little room between the car seat and the movie screen. Granted the video is used only on vacation time but its awfully close. The seat sits very high. Right now my 11 month old is in chicco key fit 30. He still has another 8 lbs to go in this seat. Now not sure if I should go w recaro or britax.... So disappointed... Sending it back to amazon ...

What about outboard? I just got a '12 Ody two days ago and I'm not sure how it's going to play RF. I didn't like it RF in my '11 Sienna back in May when I played with the prototype .

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

tl01

What about outboard? I just got a '12 Ody two days ago and I'm not sure how it's going to play RF. I didn't like it RF in my '11 Sienna back in May when I played with the prototype .

What made you switch to an Ody from the Sienna? (Sorry to hijack the tread)....

luckyclov

What made you switch to an Ody from the Sienna? (Sorry to hijack the tread)....
Nothing more than "fear" (however irrational it may be) of losing value faster based on all the negative media. We don't lease.

I still like the Sienna better in most areas, but long-term wise, I think the Ody will hold its value better and we'd really like to start keeping vehicles longer than a Kardashian marriage.

tl01

Nothing more than "fear" (however irrational it may be) of losing value faster based on all the negative media. We don't lease.

I still like the Sienna better in most areas, but long-term wise, I think the Ody will hold its value better and we'd really like to start keeping vehicles longer than a Kardashian marriage.

You mean because of all the crash tests?

luckyclov

I'll PM you a little later tonight so we don't continue to hijack the treehouse. :p

That should say thread. Haha

kimmylynnk

I didn't try it in any seat besides the 2nd row middle seat in the 12' ody. It was just so big and I have 3 other kids. My two 9 year olds sit in the 3rd row with Clek oobrs ... They're 56" tall so they'll Kaveri to be out of them soon. My 11 year old is in a Harmony booster 2nd row behind front passenger. I sit next to baby when dh drives so he needs to be in the middle. Also tried a britax advocate but baby 11month old hated it. It wasn't relined enough for him.
Ended up getting graco click connect 40 and he loves it...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC