Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Need a 2nd set of seats and plan for handing down to Baby #3

Baby #3 is due 1/28 and we need to get a 2nd set of seats for DH's Altima for 1&2 plus plan to trade down seats.

DD is 4, just over 40 lbs, 44" and her seated shoulder height is 15.5". She is currently harnessed in Frontier 85. We love it and plan to use it as her main seat until she outgrows it. She can buckle herself in it now.

DS is 2, between 25 and 30 lbs and 34". He is FF in a Radian.

When Baby #3 comes, he/she will be in a Chicco KF 30 (exp 8/13), which we have 2 bases for.

I need a spare set for DS & DD in DH's car for preschool pick-up, etc. I know I want another Frontier 85 for DS. I plan to pass the Radian down to Baby in Aug and move the spare Frontier into my van as DS's permanent seat. This leaves me with the immediate need for a spare for DD and a spare for DS and Baby in Aug. Both DD and DS will be 5 & 3 in Aug.

Money is and isn't an issue. I will pay for quality but money is tight at the moment too so I want to maximize my dollar. With the fewest seats possible that can be passed down.

I am open to suggestions and opinions. I love the Britax Frontier and am considering a Parkway for DD as a spare but I am not sure if the two together are worth $325 now.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy
    So you currently have 2 frontiers, 1 radians and a key fit? Are you planning the baby in the radian in your main car?