Pics of a RF MyRide outboard in a small car?

whitneyg

I have used the search function and have found loads of MR pics with adorable children in them, but can't find any good side views of one installed in a smaller car. I am wondering how big of a load/unload space there would be since it is up so high on a base. Can any of you help me out? An older kid in the seat would be great, but mostly I want to see the "loading zone" space. I drive a Honda Fit, a very tiny car.

Thanks!

ADS
V

VanIsleMommy

I installed the myride in an older small Honda civic and even pretty upright I had to move the passenger seat forward to make it fit. I don't recall any issues getting him in or out although any seat outboard can be a challenge if you have kiddos crawling in. Right now hes in a radian and still has to climb into it. You could always load from the other side, that's what I had to do when I had a 4runner that was high up and a bad back. I had him driver outboard but loaded passenger outboard and climbed in the middle to buckle him.

whitneyg

Loading from the other side would be really nice, but I also have a RF CCO back there for her baby brother. I may be able to get over to BRU later this week to try it out myself.

megan.amarice

I can get a pic later. We have a Nissan Versa with a RFing MR and CCO back there, both currently outboard. MR is my 3.5yo's seat in that car. We usually lift her in, with the occasional head bump. If I'm feeling generous and not in a hurry I sometimes let her climb under the seat and up through the middle. She's slow as molasses though when it comes to getting in her seat, so we usually just put her in.

lovemybabybug

I have a pontiac sunfire which I consider to be a small car (for my 5'9", 250lbs self anyway). I looked up the fit photos and it looks to be very similar in front to back room. I can fit the mr in my car no problem with the front seat all the way but one click back. The way thr MR is designed it is very forgiving. You can recline it and make it more upright and still be within the acceptable range. There is a lite bit of contortion to get the kid in there but nothing horrible.

whitneyg

I have a pontiac sunfire which I consider to be a small car (for my 5'9", 250lbs self anyway). I looked up the fit photos and it looks to be very similar in front to back room. I can fit the mr in my car no problem with the front seat all the way but one click back. The way thr MR is designed it is very forgiving. You can recline it and make it more upright and still be within the acceptable range. There is a lite bit of contortion to get the kid in there but nothing horrible.

Are you able to post a pic for me so I can see the loading zone between the doorway and the seat? I am not worried about actually fitting the seat in there, I have gotten some big seats in that spot. It is the kid loading and unloading that I am concerned about.

Phineasmama

Are you looking for something with SIP or would something like a classic Marathon be okay? I feel like I have a relatively small amount of room to get baby DD in and out of her seat in my CRV, and the Classic Marathon works really well for us. The Peg Perego convertible also works out really well. I am hopefully getting a MyRide in the mail tomorrow though.

whitneyg

Are you looking for something with SIP or would something like a classic Marathon be okay? I feel like I have a relatively small amount of room to get baby DD in and out of her seat in my CRV, and the Classic Marathon works really well for us. The Peg Perego convertible also works out really well. I am hopefully getting a MyRide in the mail tomorrow though.

I want the SIP...and I want this new cover: http://www.diapers.com/p/graco-my-ride-65-lx-convertible-car-seat-asbury-777757 Not only am I annoyed with the RN but my DD has been fussing about being in the car lately. Her happiness can easily be bought with a pink floral seat. But not if I can't get her in the car at all. I have had a classic MA and my leggy girl couldn't stand the lack of legroom. It looks rom the pictures I have seen that the MR might be better in that respect. If only the S4M came in pink...

Phineasmama

#1. The S4Me is pretty not great for RFing leg room
#2. The Peg is coming out in pink this month, just FYI :D

If my seat comes tomorrow I'll take a pic for you. My CRV really isn't bigger than a sedan, it just has a little more junk in the trunk :p

canadiangie

#1. The S4Me is pretty not great for RFing leg room
#2. The Peg is coming out in pink this month, just FYI :D

If my seat comes tomorrow I'll take a pic for you. My CRV really isn't bigger than a sedan, it just has a little more junk in the trunk :p

Damn. If that pink Peg makes it to my arctic land I'm going to have to buy it. I have this sneaking suspicion it would look awesome with my Livia FR and PW. :eek:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
My parents used the MyRide RF in a Yaris sedan for about 8 months. With my 3 year old. I never heard any complaints from them with regards to getting her in and out and my mom usually mentions if there's an issue.

Damn. If that pink Peg makes it to my arctic land I'm going to have to buy it. I have this sneaking suspicion it would look awesome with my Livia FR and PW. :eek:

It's coming to Canada in February I think it is. It's gorgeous! I was going to wait for it but I had to buy earlier than expected. :p

It's about the same colour as Livia. They are calling it Fucsia.

canadiangie

It's coming to Canada in February I think it is. It's gorgeous! I was going to wait for it but I had to buy earlier than expected. :p

It's about the same colour as Livia. They are calling it Fucsia.

And I am calling it sold if it comes here next month. :love:

Eta: holy crappers it looks like Peg is releasing their hbb in Fuschia too! Um...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC