Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by D&L's-mommy View Post

I seriously thought about doing this, I've never seen a "real" woven wrap up close, what kind of fabric could it be compared to? Like bed sheet fabric, or dress slacks fabric,upholstery fabric, or is it more like a tapestry fabric with more visible weave? I guess really I could use any woven fabric, as long as it's not too stiff. I've also seem people make their own moby style wrap, but to get good heavy gauge knit fabric is expensive (when you're buying 5-6 yards)
    Google Osnaburg fabric. That's the type of thing you'd want for a woven wrap. The one from Ikea that's popular is lenda.
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: baby carrier suggestions

Diagonal weave is preferable because it makes a better pocket, since it will stretch and squish along the length and width, similar to bias tape. Obviously, though, it's not a requirement.

When buying fabric, you want it not to be bulky. Imagine tying a knot with a bed sheet.

Osnaberg is great stuff! Also, think jacquard weave cotton or linen blend fabrics like a thicker cotton napkin or tablecloth. You can also buy jersey and cut in two lengthwise for a DIY Moby-type wrap. Check out the DIY section on sleepingbaby.net, and also the DIY section on thebabywearer.com (mecca of babywearing).

I have worn newbies in a MT with no issues. And latest research suggests not froggying babies at all, but doing legs out right from the start. Most of the educators that I know now teach legs out carries starting from birth.

I agree with the legs out thing. My son stuck his legs out anyway, no matter how I loaded him.