baby carrier suggestions

amyd

I seriously thought about doing this, I've never seen a "real" woven wrap up close, what kind of fabric could it be compared to? Like bed sheet fabric, or dress slacks fabric,upholstery fabric, or is it more like a tapestry fabric with more visible weave? I guess really I could use any woven fabric, as long as it's not too stiff. I've also seem people make their own moby style wrap, but to get good heavy gauge knit fabric is expensive (when you're buying 5-6 yards)

Google Osnaburg fabric. That's the type of thing you'd want for a woven wrap. The one from Ikea that's popular is lenda.

ADS

Mercuria

Diagonal weave is preferable because it makes a better pocket, since it will stretch and squish along the length and width, similar to bias tape. Obviously, though, it's not a requirement.

When buying fabric, you want it not to be bulky. Imagine tying a knot with a bed sheet.

thtr4me

Osnaberg is great stuff! Also, think jacquard weave cotton or linen blend fabrics like a thicker cotton napkin or tablecloth. You can also buy jersey and cut in two lengthwise for a DIY Moby-type wrap. Check out the DIY section on sleepingbaby.net, and also the DIY section on thebabywearer.com (mecca of babywearing).

I have worn newbies in a MT with no issues. And latest research suggests not froggying babies at all, but doing legs out right from the start. Most of the educators that I know now teach legs out carries starting from birth.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC