solution to floppy buckles

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Total credit to canadianangie for this idea that was mentioned in an offhand way in swap. I made her idea into a pictorial. She's brilliant, clearly!

ETA: Please feel free to copy and share this anywhere you like. If you can't download it from here pm me and I'll email it to you.

Attachments

• bucklenoodlepic.jpg
    bucklenoodlepic.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
ADS

cookie123

That's genius. I'm going to try it with my buckles which push back into their holes when you try to buckle up. It's so annoying. Especially the passenger side is so short. I can't really tell if it's twisted or anything.

arly1983

I have got to try this! DH and I were just saying how that the floppy buckle is the worst part of buckling in my 3-across. Thanks! :D

tiggercat

Now listen, you're going to get Jen's lovely pictorial moved to a private forum if you keep going that up:p

What me? I was thinking completely innocent thoughts, where was your mind? :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

tiggercat

Apparently I have to spread the love around before I can rep, but thanks works. Weird. I'll try to fix that tomorrow :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Did this idea occur to you before the buckle biter product came onto the market? Or was it a cheap and accessible solution that came to you after that product was reviewed?

I posted that on a facebook group I co-admin, and as of right now, about 24 hours after posting it, it has 80 shares. Crazy.

canadiangie

After. I saw the BB and thought it was neat. I intended to buy a plush toy and make my own, but I have no time for such things. Then one day I was arranging dd's booster next to dd's seat and it just came to me. Take a little chunk of noodle and wrap it around. Honestly it IS brilliant, but I'M not brilliant. I'm just a die hard SUV girl who rocks a cozy three across and needed a quick solution for dd's little hand. With the noodle she doesn't even have to look to buckle. She just... does. Like I do with my fixed stalk. :)

V

VanIsleMommy

Lol you ladies crack me up.

Let me know if you decide to sell a $19.99 side impact version. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC