My 3 yr old told me she wants to ride Forwards :(

agave

This is mostly a vent.

Yesterday in the car she also said she wanted to ride sideways, sorry kid I sold the Ranger 7 years ago. Until recently she's seemed very happy RF except for the time she tried to glue herself in my nephews booster. She is feeling left out when she's the only one that can't see something because she's backwards.

My nephew who is almost 6 rode with us last week and asked "Why does she get to ride that way?" He got to ride in her seat almost a year ago and thought it was awesome of course he was turned FF as soon as he could and boostered at 4. Why can't my kids be that excited about RF?

Her head slumps with the angle adjuster and without it I'm a little cramped for space. I'm considering putting her back in the 3rd row where the radian isn't as upright and she can be closer to the speaker. Of course it's more of a pain to load the kids that way. I wish there where more blue convertibles out there with cup holders, of all the seats I've show her the only ones she seems remotely interested in are cobalt RXT and Maui Frontier, she said she'd ride In the Frontier RF. :( There is no way I'm flipping her before summer and she'd probably fit until she's 6 but, it would be nice if she was happy in the car.

ADS

canadiangie

BTDT. 36 months onward we just took it one day at a time. Made it to 4, but not without some perseverance by me. There were days I wasn't sure we'd all make it. :p

Honestly, 36 months is fantastic. You're well over the hump. Any rf from here on out is just gravy. Take it one month at a time, and whatever you decide to do is fine. Forward facing, top tethered, correctly used is very safe at her age. :)

agave

Her sister was turned just after 3 and I hated it then back RF when I got an awesome deal on a radian. She FF full time at 3 yrs 8 months and I was a lot more comfortable.

It is hard knowing I have a Maui Frontier sitting in the closet waiting for her that I like much better than the radian.

NVMBR02

My 3 year old is asking to forward face as well. It doesn't help that she was FFing on vacation. She is mostly just asking and not too upset over it so the plan is to keep her RFing until summer when she turns 4.

jess71903

Ambassador
I'm facing the FF beast right this very minute. DH said last night "it's time to turn her around" and I just ignored it. I really hope she complains about her legs when I do turn her because he thinks that's the problem now :rolleyes:. At any rate, she's only got a couple of week left anyway. He insists 3 is the limit.

mrosehughes

Feeling similarly here. DS outgrew the CA RFing, so he's FFing in DH's car, and he likes it so much more than RFing in my car. Every time he fights me to ride in the car (which is often) I am tempted to offer FFing. Sigh. The bonus for us is that he will probably outgrow the radian by weight in a few months. Of course, then I'll feel guilty for having to turn him FFing :giggle:

Once my daughter turned FF, my son asked about it nearly every week.
4 months after she turned FF, my son maxed out the weight on his radian RF (it's one of the older 35lb RF limit seats), so he got his wish.
My goal was 4 with each of my kids, but I caved and turned my daughter 1 1/2 months before her 4th birthday. My son only made it to 3y6m.

flutie128

I turned my DD at 3 and everyone seemed much happier (DH & DD). She could still RF in the seats I have at 4.5 but she would be pushing the weight limit. She is about 33 pounds and all the seats I own are 35 pound limits. DH was complaining about her legs being cramped so I made a deal to turn her when she turned 3 so that is what I did. She loves facing the same way as her older brother so that was nice.

HaileysMommy

DD talks about it sometimes too. She is FF in every car except mine although she did FF in mine in the past. I just tell her no or ignore her lol. She knows I'm not turning her so she just goes with it. She is 4 but I figure as long as she still fits.

VoodooChile

We turned ds at 3. He was never a kid that liked rf, and life became much more pleasant for everyone when he went ff.

abbi_n_nadia

We are at the same dilemma except dd2 just turned 3 dec 6th and she dosnt really mind RFing. None of us really mind keeping her RFing but we need to buy her next seat now while we have the money and I CANNOT decide what to get! Ugh! We just went to carseat heaven (aka buy buy baby lol) today to try out different seats in hopes that it would help me decide but now I'm even more indecisive!

megan.amarice

Mine too has been asking to ride forward facing since she turned 3. I told her she could turn after Christmas. Well, I turned her the week before for viewing Christmas lights, and within a week she was begging to turn back around because her legs hurt. So she's rear facing again. She's nearly outgrown her seat though.

Shanora

Mine asked to go ffing at 2.5 years so I turned her. So has been a mix of ffing and rfing since then. She often asks to be rfing and ill entertain the idea with her and flip her seat and she'll ride like that for a few days or a week or 2 and then ask to flip around. *shrug* I figure she's only 27lbs ill entertain her ideas as long as I can. :)

agave

It really doesn't help that her only FF ride was this. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=229078. They had a blast.

She's only 29 lbs riding in a 45 lb seat with tons of room over her head. Maybe I'll be ready to turn her this summer when big sis gets a booster. Until then I'm trying to keep her happy letting her pick which seat she wants to ride in and where it is installed. I'd even get her a different seat if there was one she liked that I could make an even trade for.

I may turn her in DH's car his back seat is tiny and every time he has passengers that aren't me I find her seat smashed. It's rare the kids ride in his car.

lovemybabybug

Same here. Dd has ff here in there like when we went on vacation she flipped back and forth and maybe half dozen times in my car but she never really said anything about it. Now I have 2 rf seats and 1 ff in my car for the nanny kids. Since a put the darn seat there she has been begging to ff. So I took the seat out, out of sight out of mind. But I hate having to re install the radian although we only use it 3-4 times a month.

abbi_n_nadia

It really doesn't help that her only FF ride was this. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=229078. They had a blast.

She's only 29 lbs riding in a 45 lb seat with tons of room over her head. Maybe I'll be ready to turn her this summer when big sis gets a booster. Until then I'm trying to keep her happy letting her pick which seat she wants to ride in and where it is installed. I'd even get her a different seat if there was one she liked that I could make an even trade for.

I may turn her in DH's car his back seat is tiny and every time he has passengers that aren't me I find her seat smashed. It's rare the kids ride in his car.

The mustang looks really fun and really scary at the same time! You got some adorable pictures though!

Dd2 (our 3yo) is also 29lbs and we ended up ordering a prosport for her because we needed to get something while we have the money. When it gets here I think we will put it in dh's car for now and keep her RFing in the true fit in my car til she hits the 35lb weight limit or as long as she's happy in it and then switch her to the prosport in my car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC