Question WWYD?

Persimmon

We are taking a friend's just-turned-4 son with us on a road trip in DH's 2005 Mazda MPV. I am not sure of his measurements but he has consistently been about 98% height and 75ish% weight. He was turned FF before he turned 2:( so there is no RF him now.

I have one of the captain's chairs pushed to the center and he will sit next to a 11 y.o. My husband is short and can't deal with the Foonf in the center position because it is so tall. Would you put him FF in the center in a Frontier 85 SICT or FF OB in a Foonf?

ADS

Carolinadaisy

I would use the Frontier. Honestly, if he is 98% height, he might not fit in the foonf. You would have to see. But the Frontier would be comfy for him. Due to the long seat pan, my 4.5 yr old can sit with his legs crossed on the seat if he wants too. It is nice or when he is tired of legs dangling.

Persimmon

Thanks so much! It didn't even occur to me that he would not fit in the Foonf. It seems like such a monster seat and I haven't seen my friend's son since the seat arrived. My tech's Radian looks "cute" to me now.

Any input on which would be theoretically safer if he did fit for future reference?

Stelvis

I think that both options, properly installed and tethered, are so safe that its not a big concern. Theoretically the center is safer I suppose so Frontier in the center gets my vote.

Persimmon

OK. I feel better now. The MPV doesn't have such a great side impact test rating also. I will go with the Frontier for this trip but won't stress either way in the future. I doubt I am going to be able to get my 3 y.o. son out of the Foonf until that absolute last 1/8" though. He calls it his "big boy" seat and we no longer have to fight to get him into his seat. That was worth the money alone I tell you.

Dillipop

I'd put the 11 year old in the middle. He'd be the least protected as he is not in a seat at all. I'd put the 4 year old outboard in whatever seat works best.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC