3 across in 2011 Dodge Caravan? - Canada

Nimlorel

Is it possible to put three across in the back row of a 2011 dodge caravan? Has any one done it? With what seats? I will have 4 kids in car seats, but I need to have use of one captain chair for my older step son.

In the 3rd row I'd like to have my 40lb 4yr old, whom I wish to keep in a 5pt harness (her seat needs upgrading so up for suggestions!) an 25lb 18mo who I wish to remain RF (seat is up for suggestions!) and I will have an infant in June, who will be in a Snugride 32 unless I need a different seat to make it work. I also have a 36lb 3 yr old who is FF and I'd like to keep her in in the second row, but again, I need to make this work.

Any ideas?

ADS

MaKoski

Re: 3 across in 2011 Dodge Caravan?

What seat is the 3 yr old in? would 2 diono radian 120 or RXT's be in your budget? You could maybe put 3yr (or 4yr) old RF or FF, 18 month old RF and newbaby bucket in the 3rd row.

Nimlorel

Re: 3 across in 2011 Dodge Caravan?

Three year old is in a EvenFlo Chase, which she'll be growing out of the 5pt harness shortly as well.
I've been looking at Radians, and while they are more than I initially thought I'd be spending, they are still within budget.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I just noticed your location is in Edmonton. I live in Edmonton as well and have quite a large number of seats that we could certainly use to experiment and figure out the best combination.

Feel free to send me a message and we can arrange a time to meet up. :) (I'm in the west end, close to WEM.)

cm_nghs1

I have had no luck. The only 3 across I could get was 1 RFing RN, 1 skinny adult, 1 RFing RN, 3 radians would not work.

Let us know if you get a combo that works!

NorthernGrl

Don't even bother trying a Radian FF in the centre seat, it is totally incompatable. It's the low beltpath and the narrow setting betweent the belt stalks. You'll think it's in rock solid, doesn't move a milimeter side to side, but pull it at the front of the base and it slides forward 6 inches or more. Save yourself some hassle.
However, a RF Radian fits in the centre of the 3rd row like a dream. So does the Nautilus, and the Chase. The Radians outboard RF aren't great either, because the RF boot gets hung up on the hinges of the seats, causing them to install further inboard than out. IF you put the Chase in the centre of the back with seatbelt, a Radian will probably RF in the passenger outboard, not sure of the driver side though, the Chase will probably interfere. I'm wondering if 2 outboard RF Radians, and a FF something on a base like a Britax?
IDK, but the Carvan is not a carseat friendly vehicle. I have 4 kids, a RF Radian in a captains chair, a Nautilus in the off centre LATCH position in the 3rd row and 2 backless boosters. I never take anyone else with me. Not sure what we'll do if we end up having another.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC