Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Fitting three in a Subaru Forester

Hello. I have a 2010 Subaru Forester, and will soon have a tall 7 year old, a 4 year old, and a newborn. I know Foresters are about the worst for this, but we thought our family was complete when we bought it. My big kids are currently still in harness carseats (The First Years Truefit. We also have a Graco Nautilus and a Bubble Bum).

Is there any combination of high-back boosters and carseats that will safely accommodate all of the kids without buying a new car? I am happy to buy new car seats, just would rather not buy a new car.

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Fitting three in a Subaru Forester

Is this your primary car? If it isn't, I would put the 7 y/o in the center in the Bubblebum (assuming proper fit with the FUN (sarcasm) seatbelt in that position), the newborn in a thin infant seat (Keyfit, Shuttle 33, Aton, etc), and the 4 y/o in a thin FF seat (Maestro, SecureKid, perhaps the new Harmony seat, or a Radian that could be passed down once he/she outgrows it.)
    If it is your primary car and you want the 7 y/o in a HBB, I don't have any suggestions. Just to throw it out there, if you can get a harnessed seat in the center, make sure you get that seatbelt switched out as there was a recall.
    Good luck!! Hopefully others will chime in!
    Kate // CPST, SK Senior Checker, & Mom to M (12/2010)

Unregistered

Re: Fitting three in a Subaru Forester

Thanks for your reply! The Forester is unfortunately our family car, and we have an older Elantra for driving to work. I did get the recalled seatbelt issue on the Forester corrected.