Good-bye, Coccoro

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
DS2 has outgrown the beloved Coccoro :( It has been retired. Replaced. :crying: I feel like I should have a ceremony.

ADS

kidzndogz

I felt like that when Liam outgrew his. And I felt like that the other day when I realized he doesn't even really fit forward facing either. :(

thekatie

I just installed ours in my car right before Christmas so I could clean the Pria. I love our Coccoro and can't imagine my little shrimp ever outgrowing it... but it will happen one day... and I'll be sad too :( and then DH will tease me (until I tell him I need a new seat to replace the hole the Coccoro left in my heart - I bet he will stop laughing then!).

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I just installed ours in my car right before Christmas so I could clean the Pria. I love our Coccoro and can't imagine my little shrimp ever outgrowing it... but it will happen one day... and I'll be sad too :( and then DH will tease me (until I tell him I need a new seat to replace the hole the Coccoro left in my heart - I bet he will stop laughing then!).

LOL. I thought my DH would laugh, but he didn't even roll his eyes when I said I was keeping it forever. I'm not sure if he's really compassionate, or if he completely tuned me out :p

crunchierthanthou

:( I wasn't too sad the first time we retired our CCO. Dd had very nearly outgrown it, it had served us well- including a crash, and I was handed a check in exchange for its naked self. I bought a new one as soon as I could reasonably justify it for the noob. I expect retiring it will hit me harder this time around with knowing I'll never use one full time again. I adore that little seat.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
:( I wasn't too sad the first time we retired our CCO. Dd had very nearly outgrown it, it had served us well- including a crash, and I was handed a check in exchange for its naked self. I bought a new one as soon as I could reasonably justify it for the noob. I expect retiring it will hit me harder this time around with knowing I'll never use one full time again. I adore that little seat.

Exactly. It's partially about the seat and partially about the baby. I mean, last time I retired it, there weren't going to be any more babies, but I really mean it this time.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
...time for #4 so it can get used again? I mean, it still has plenty of life left... :p

Kobain's Mommy

I was a little sad when DS outgrew it, but it wasn't bad because I knew DD would be in it soon enough. It's going to be worse with her since I have 2 of them now. But it may be closer to 3 for her since she's a shrimp. She was 22lbs exactly yesterday and 30"... She's 14 months.

Spam

they make a black one with pink stars that's soooo cute.

I grabbed my cco last week for ds3, who hasn't rode in it since late October, he's pretty much right at the 1" mark :( maybe a smidge more if he would have settled into it more. Trying to decide if I want to keep to use again with the next lil man. Darn long torso kids

scoutingbear

and your little dude is how much younger than M? lol She still fits. Barely, and it depends on the install now, but she still fits RF. :duck:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC