recaro convertibles

jenfrogmom

I played with one for a few minutes at the safety conference this last summer but, I have some questions. Legroom is not great from what I hear, is it comparable to Britax? Shell height comparable to Britax? Anything else I need to know? Pics pretty please. :) thank you!!

ADS

clmchrissy

I had a Signo for a short time when DS2 was 2 and I would say average size (he's 5 now, so no clue on actual stats). Leg room was a joke (not comparable IMO to Britax), the sides are high & it was difficult to get him in/out even in my Accord sedan.

I really like their seats because they are so luxurious, but what a pain for a RF toddler.

jess71903

Ambassador
Less leg room than even a Britax. Like, seriously none. Shell height and harness slot height is quite a bit taller, but it narrows so much in the shoulders that most kids won't max it out due to comfort.

cookie123

I've been using the ProRide ffing for Matthew until just this month. I got it for the high strap height mostly as well as the height of the seat. He couldn't see out the window in the Nautilus or the SecureKid 400. Apparently the Prius has low seats or high windows. It reclines quite a bit ffing. He never has his head in his 'head buns' which I don't like. He likes it though.:)

Shaunam

DSCN3204.jpg

Sorry, no kid, but this is what it looks like installed rear facing in my Kia rio. Definitely has less leg room than other seats, but the upside to that is it also takes up less room front to back. I was able to put it in my car without even moving my seat up....something that almost never happens. When Charlie was rf'ing I would have to put her on the passenger side and no one could ride there because the seat had to be shoved up so far. That was in a complete air and radian. Even with the complete air put more upright I had to move the seat up!

christineka

Very recently, I had both a recaro euro and a britax advocate 70 g3 (still have the advocate). I took the two seats out to my van, installed rfing and stuck my 3 yo in both, snapped photos and then put her in her radian and snapped photos. My dd had a teeny weeny bit more leg room in the euro than in the advocate. I liked the euro better ffing than the advocate because my kids had a foot rest. They could place their feet on the vehicle seat. The advocate left no seat uncovered when ffing, though. The Euro's rfing shell is several inches taller than that of the advocate. The advocate's top slot is about 16.5 ish inches. The Euro's is 18. Not sure if one had any more shoulder room than the other. My toothpick kids were squished in both, but fit widthwise. My 8 year old was slightly too tall for the advocate, but had an inch to grow taller in torso in the euro.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC