Question Almost 4 years old amd ready to FF

mlohry

I am having a bit of a personal dilemma as I was committed to keeping DD RF to 4 years which is on 3-3. We bought her a Prosport and she rode in it for 1 trip and really liked it and slept great in it. Up until that trip she was asking to turn around. I even traded her MA70 for a Radian to keep her more comfortable RF, which she for sure is, but then a couple days ago she started choking on a cracker while we were driving and it really freaked me out. She has always eaten snacks in the car. I am wondering if it happened because the RA sits so reclined in our van and I haven't gotten an AA. I just feel ready to FF her, but feel guilty because my plan was to 4 and I am pretty sure my biggest hang up is that I want to prove to people that kids can happily RF into the older ages. DD is also only 32lbs and short and could probably RF to 5 in the RA, but I guess now that I know she is happy in the Prosport I'm more content with her FF.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
By RA, I am assuming you mean Radian, not Roundabout?

You mentioned the AA, which I'm assuming means angle adjuster, so I'm assuming you have a Radian?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm in a similar situation. My DD will also be 4 in March, and could continue to RF after that. She and DS1 (who sits behind her in the van) have been bickering so much lately. DH really wants to turn her, though he defers to me.

We put her FF last night to look at Christmas lights, and I was really tempted not to turn her back RF today, but I did. We have a cross-country drive coming up in a couple weeks, and then the rest of the winter we'll possibly be driving in snowy/icy conditions, which we're not used to. I will most likely turn her on her birthday, but not before that.

That said, I wouldn't give you a hard time or a guilt trip for turning an almost 4-year-old. It's a reasonable option.

Phineasmama

Phineas could still RF but I have him FF because otherwise he and DD1 fight like cats and dogs, it's ridiculous. If he were younger I would continue to RF him, but he's turning four tomorrow and I don't feel guilty about it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC