Creepy and unnerving ad

Morganthe

I don't mind ads. I know they pay for revenue. I don't mind the ones "always driving proud in Seattle" or Amazon, or some of the German ones even though I'm back in the States. :p

But seriously, I'm getting a bit wigged out by the one that has flashing through images of children crawling & hiding and ends with text on the frozen ad page of a fur wearing dirty child:

Researching Lost children.
Over 100 feral children in the world, most never return to society
:
Learn more >

I've been on the site a few minutes tonight and it's already appeared three times within 3 pages. I don't know if anything can be done, but I'm just saying something before I get really freaked out. :eek:

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I can block ads, or attempt to block them at least, with a little more information.

Where did it appear on the page?

Does it state a company name or website address?

If you dare follow it, what is the resulting link?

brightredmtn

I can block ads, or attempt to block them at least, with a little more information.

Could you block the LDS church one? We don't talk about religion so why have it advertised to us?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Could you block the LDS church one? We don't talk about religion so why have it advertised to us?

Possibly- please give as much information as possible, particularly any URL listed in the ad or as a result of following the ad. I have yet to see these ads, so I have no other way to block them without an URL to enter into my Google advertising preferences.

Morganthe

Know how to fix it? Benefactor status. ;)

Thanks very much for pointing that out. :rolleyes:

As I said, I don't mind the vast majority of ads. They pay revenue. Quid pro Quo.

Benefactor status = hopefully someday when dh is employed and we pay down some bills and free up money from accounting for every penny. These are the things one puts off when income is very limited. I'm sure your dh would concur with our decision.

Thanks for trying. It would be appreciated.

top square box on left side of page. Seems to appear after 10pm here on the Pacific coast. Don't know if there's a time on these things. I bet it would freak out any little kid, so it might be like British TV rules?

Last night it came up at least every other page I was on. Video run through of little kids, then a dark image with the text. Probably about 20-22 appearances cycling through along 2 other ads (Jeep & Chrysler or chevy??? can't remember exactly) Kid- car- car- kid - car- car... all on the left & under announcements strip below the 'ads by google'.

No, just what I quoted on my OP. I bet a google search would locate it easily

I don't dare since my computer so easily locks up these days on images and links. I don't do anything out of the usual. It's "only" 7 years old :p -- one of those things I'm postponing until we have extra income. Apologies for not following through on researching for more info by clicking on the link. I don't want to trust it... and if the ad looks that creepy, I don't want to visit the actual site. :eek:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
If anyone else can determine the url link of the ad, please post it and I can apply a block. Sometimes they don't always work, but I think more than 50% of the time.

jacqui276

I haven't seen it pop up yet. I just keep getting ads for Fords, toilets, and classifieds. If it ever appears on my screen, I'm willing to follow it to get the url.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I have not yet seen it. It's possible it is targetted geographically, based on previous google searches or some other factor. If I see it, I will do my best to block it as well.

tjham

I saw it twice about a week ago and hadn't seen it since until tonight. It has popped up at least ten times! If I scroll fast enough, I can get past it before I have to watch it. Definitely not Mowgli from Jungle Book!

2BunniesMommy

I have not seen the ad and am debating if I want to click the link to get an idea of what it is....ok here goes....A bit weird but didn't really give me a good idea of what the ad was looking like. Oh well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC