True Fit and small car

rosey2007

I drive a 2003 Kia Spectra and I'm looking to buy a True Fit. If the True Fit doesn't work is there another seat that will keep my 2 year old long torsed son rear facing?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Diono Radian with angle adjuster is small front to back. The Graco Size4Me may fit. The Clek Foonf might be an option as well.

Wendy

jess71903

Ambassador
I have had my True Fit in a Ford focus (2008ish?) at a more upright angle with enough room for my 5'7" self to sit in front of it. I'm not sure how they compare but it is a small car.

rosey2007

I have had my True Fit in a Ford focus (2008ish?) at a more upright angle with enough room for my 5'7" self to sit in front of it. I'm not sure how they compare but it is a small car.

That's good to know. I think that I will have to go to bru and see if the true fit will work in my car.

jacqui276

I can fit my TFP in my Mazda Protege5, which is a fairly small car. I had to install it at a more upright angle. I prefer using my Radian in my car though since I can brace it. I don't have an angle adjuster and it takes up similar front to back space as the TFP. I imagine that once I get an angle adjuster I will have loads more room. Both seats were installed behind the driver's seat and I can comfortably drive (I'm 5'6").

The only downfall to the true fit is the 35lbs RFing weight limit.

wavegal

I fit a TF rfing in the backseat of a 2 door chevy cobalt (comparable to cavalier). Also have friends who fit them in a mazda3 4 door which is a smaller car

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC