Foonf, take #3, MY Foonf

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I want to cover RFing. Here is N. He is 39 lbs, 43.75", 16" torso height. So, 3/4" taller than the RFing limit. I have the head rest all the way up, but he would be on the second slot down.

IMG_1747_zpsc70e3480.jpg

IMG_1743_zps1d5538ff.jpg

Just because he is cute.

IMG_1746_zps6a568868.jpg

At the height limit, he is 2" from the top of the seat. He is about the same in the Radian. The point being, there is not much we are missing out on.

IMG_1745_zpsbb5b8bb2.jpg

Oh, and a little added info. With ARB and wedge on, the seat weighs 38.6 lbs.

Last edited:
ADS

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
Wow, I can't believe how big he is! I guess the Foonf is out for B. She is the same age, and about the same height. Although she is mostly leg.... But she's 46lbs now anyway.

how did it do with the buckle stalk, being so tall? I'm.used to the headaches if a Radian.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There's no way Katie Sue will ever make the rear-facing height limit on this... if she stays at her current percentage of body being torso, she would have a 22.8" torso at 43". If that percentage changes (as I expect- it usually does, after the first couple years) to be more in line with Maggie, still a 19.5 inch torso at that overall height. I'm thinking this height limit restriction might be an issue for smaller-torsoed kids whose parents will have to wrestle that out but not my kids...

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm thinking this height limit restriction might be an issue for smaller-torsoed kids whose parents will have to wrestle that out but not my kids...

I guess that's one benefit to having monster-torsoed children like ours? We're less likely to have to worry about making parental decisions regarding overall height limits...

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm seeing my 2nd Foonf in the "wild" tomorrow. Seeing you say the exact weight of it with the base and anti-rebound bar made me go "oh, so that's why the seat feels so heavy - it really is that heavy." LOL

Looking forward to seeing more pictures. BTW - have you found that the ARB bar has become easier to take out and put in with switching between modes? Or do you have any tips in addition to what was shown in the video by Clek? My fingers just barely reach down the hole to the point needed when attaching the ARB so I'm not sure I can use that method shown in the video. (Apparently I have short fingers? They sure don't look short to me... but maybe they are? LOL)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I'm seeing my 2nd Foonf in the "wild" tomorrow. Seeing you say the exact weight of it with the base and anti-rebound bar made me go "oh, so that's why the seat feels so heavy - it really is that heavy." LOL

Looking forward to seeing more pictures. BTW - have you found that the ARB bar has become easier to take out and put in with switching between modes? Or do you have any tips in addition to what was shown in the video by Clek? My fingers just barely reach down the hole to the point needed when attaching the ARB so I'm not sure I can use that method shown in the video. (Apparently I have short fingers? They sure don't look short to me... but maybe they are? LOL)

Yeah, I was wondering how heavy it was, and since we were weighing the kiddos, we weighed the seat too.

I have not watched the video. I line up with the holes, push the tab, and push, get angry, and repeat. The hubby that was there last night stood over it, and did the same thing, and popped in right in. I think part of my issue is I am afraid I will get pinched.

I am going to assume this is am issue with the first batch, and see how they are in the future. I didn't want to take the bar back off, so I just installed it RFing in my car.

Last edited:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Um, Darren, are you telling me that I got a Foonf before you?

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC