Am I missing anything?

kidzndogz

So I'm a bad mom and haven't been paying attention to Liam in his Blvd70. He's always had loads of room above his head, but today I noticed his headrest is raised pretty high and he actually is exactly one inch from the top of the shell of the seat. So I guess it's going to have to be retired, which I'm very sad about because I loved that seat.

I went ahead and took it out and put the original Marathon we have in the center...he has two inches above his head in that. I really don't want to keep that set up though because I hate loading him in the center and he's too dilly dally stubborn to climb in
himself. It's more efficient for me to chuck him in kicking and screaming, lol. But I'm weird about SIP and don't want him outboard in it.

I know I'm a picky freak but what ya gonna do. I prefer headwings and rebound control of some sort. I won't use a Diono and we already had a TFP and I wasn't a fan of the width of the seat allowing his head to fly around.

I know the Foonf would work. I just hate to spend that much money but I may have to if I'm going to stick to my criteria. My only other thought would be to find an original Blvd and hope it'll last him awhile? I'm assuming he'd have the same amount of room above his head as he does the original MA. Then get him a Nautilus or Frontier when he turns 3 or outgrows it? I don't think I'd have a problem getting him another 6 months without gaining more than an inch in his torso right? But then if I buy that and a combo seat in 6 months to a year, I'm gonna spend the same amount as I would on a Foonf.

If I have to forego rebound control (which I really don't want to) I'd probably get a MR for the high sides, but I'm worried about the buckle. He rides in a S4M in Shaun's truck and I cannot do or undo the buckle. I hate it. It's the second one we've had too...Graco replaced our original one for the same problem.

He's 2.5, 28lbs and 37 inches. No idea on torso length.

What to do....

ADS

kidzndogz

I forgot about the Peg! That can RF to 1 inch from the headrest can't it? No rebound but at least it has the SIP I'm looking for outboard.

I don't think the Classic Blvd is going to be an option. I used to see older ones on albeebaby but I guess they are too old school now because they aren't there anymore. I'm way behind the times.

My dad has a ProRide in his garage somewhere he wanted but never uses....no rebound again but I'm not sure if that would give him more height? If I recall, they are pretty tall. I think I remember having to literally stuff him in it though the last time he rode in it at around 9 months...so it'll probably be really hard now. Granted, that was in my dad's lifted Land Cruiser, not my CR-V. I think my door space is wider.

Phineasmama

I don't think you can go above the shell of the seat with the ProRide though...I could be wrong, it's not one of the seats I've owned. But yeah the Peg is 1" from the head rest, and you can go up to the 7th position rear facing.

I really like it because it has SIP but it's not so obtrusive that my DD can't see (she gets really pissy in the car if she can't) and it's easy to get her in and out of like a classic MA.

I doubt you'd be able to find a new classic Blvd, but I think the Peg would give you more room anyways.

kidzndogz

Nah, it's from the shell of the ProRide....the head rest isn't reinforced. I was just thinking maybe the overall seat is taller. I think it is, but I'd be losing leg room. And again, no rebound control.

kidzndogz

Yeah, you know me well Anne, not a fan of the highness. I just don't know what else to do...I gotta give up something I guess. Dang long torso.

jjordan

If you lived closer I'd trade your BV70 for my classic boulevard.

Have you tried bribes to get him to climb into his seat? B/c I'm thinking that using the Marathon you have in the center might make the most sense.

kidzndogz

He just wants to mess around and do the opposite of what I want. He'll do it eventually but I'm extremely impatient and it's easier to just grab him and chuck him in his seat, lol. Guess I'll just have to get some muscles and keep him in the center and turn him FF at 3-ish when he outgrows it. Kinda bummed we can't make it to four but its better than nothing.

Is the peg taller than the original MA? If I don't keep my current set up it sounds like I have to choose between the type of SIP I prefer and anti-rebound.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC