Simple Fix for annoying problem

Morganthe

Ever since we've gotten the Regent, I HATE how long it takes to get dd buckled in. The buckle tongues slide down into each corner and I have to dig behind her to get them out. Then there's the fiddling with the HUGS, chest clip, & neck pads :rolleyes: But I didn't realize how much time just dealing with the tongues took until I SOLVED the problem yesterday.

Using the soft side of self-adhesive Velcro dots, I applied one on each side about 2 inches up from the corner where the harness goes into the seat at the lap part. Stopped the sliding immediately and are not anywhere near the actual buckle area, so they don't interfere with security.
It literally cut the time to get her into the seat in half! They're discreetly small, almost unnoticeable, and peel off the harness easily. But they stop the buckle tongue from vanishing into the depths if I don't have a hold on it.

Here's a pict of what I'm referring to. The soft loop side is the fatter one, not the thin harsh hooks part.
Velcro%20dots.jpg

DH is also much happier :thumbsup:
Anyway, I just thought I'd share :D

Last edited:
ADS

Milkie&Cookie

ooooh this is an awesome idea! :thumbsup: I was thinking that the buckle sliding was my problem. LOL Glad to hear its not just me!

southpawboston

great idea!!!!! we have this problem with both the scenera and the RYS (and presumably will have it with the signo). i will try it out!

do you think the velcro dots will stay adhered to the straps over time?

Morganthe

do you think the velcro dots will stay adhered to the straps over time?

I think so, they're pretty tacky. I also don't know if I'll need to make any changes whenever I adjust her straps. So I just left extra in the glove compartment. No biggie at all.

If I had a younger child, I'd probably place the buttons on the inside of the harness so they wouldn't have a chance to fiddle with them. With dd, she just looked at it, touched them, said "Nice" and left them alone. It's good to have an almost-4 year old :D

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Clever idea! FWIW, I have a sheer lace curtain hanging with adhesive backed velcro dots above an entry door's side window. The velcro has held for several years even with my kids yanking on the curtains. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC