Try new Monterey belt guide, Turbo, or Nauti, WWYD?

Athena

Tried our new Monterey today (old spring design) and it does not retract. So, I'm thinking I'll ask for the new replacement piece. But it'll only work if it's not any wider because as it is I think it's okay, but I don't think it can move out more and if anything, I'd like to see it a smidge more inward. I think the lap belt looks really good, like it's over her legs and hips, not her belly.

Also, the other day I tried our Nauti and new Turbo (purchased for travel). I don't love the Nauti fit, but I was really impressed with the Turbo. That's why it's recommended so often! I'm inexperienced at figuring out the fit, so it's hard for me to know if it's iffy, but I have no doubt that Turbo is a good fit because it's that good. The lap belt is nice and low with shoulder belt in the middle of the shoulder. I was so impressed that I thought about just using that as our at home booster too, but the lack of sides made me uneasy, plus I'd love to have latch and additional height, the reasons I bought the Monterey. But now that I'm wondering if the shoulder fit is as good and will have to wait to see if the new piece works for us, I'm wondering if I made the right decision. Anyone with more experience want to offer some advice? Thanks!

P.S. Just realized I think I put this in the wrong section. Sorry.

ADS

Phineasmama

If you really like the turbo, why don't you just get the Affix instead? It's just a turbo with latch. They have them at my local TRU.

Baylor

The new headpiece and belt guide fixed it all for me. It now retracts in every position. It would not retract in any position in my van at all. It is exactly the same headpiece just different belt guide.

Athena

Thank you both! I should clarify that I paid less than $29 for the turbo, so the price difference between that and the other turbo versions is a lot. Now if that included deeper sides plus latch (instead of either or), then maybe. :) But I do appreciate the suggestion and info on the other latchable seat option. I was really excited about the turbo fit, maybe because I find it hard to tell on the others whether the fit is definitely good/bad and that one seemed more solidly good, or maybe because that great fit came at such a low cost. But I still don't like the shallow sides and lack of height. I'm probably over thinking the whole thing. I haven't been sleeping well. Maybe I should just see if I can get the other Monterey piece and see if it works. Maybe it'll make things really obvious. Does it take a long time to arrive? I'm somewhat annoyed I got this old version. When looking at those belt guides, I'm surprised it worked in any vehicles.

Phineasmama

Are you able to return the Monterey? If not I would definitely get the new belt guide, because it would be easier to resell that way if you needed to.

And you might as well, it's FREE. It didn't take long at all for mine to come once they got their backordered stuff in.

Athena

I can return it, but I got a decent enough deal and there aren't many good booster options for tall, skinny kids, so ... I'm assuming I can still return it if the new belt guide does not work out.

Phineasmama

Haha yeah nobody would notice the head rest being different. I say get the new belt guide first and decide. If you got such a great deal on the turbo you can use that in the meantime and keep it around as a backup seat later if the Monterey ends up working or you find something else.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC