Classic Marathon max age

cso1997

Pretend you have a skinny 40lb otherwise typical child. How old before the seat is outgrown by height? My DD was out by 4 1/2 or 5. Anyone made it longer to 5 1/2 or 6 and beyond?

ADS

rachelandtyke

DD still fit at age 6. She has a friend who is currently 6y7m who still fits with room to grow. She is all legs! Last I saw, she wasn't even on the top harness slots and is not short for her age.

Lenae

Colton will be 5 on Friday and still fits with plenty of room to spare. He has a pretty short torso though. I have a picture somewhere of my nephew at 6 with a little room to go.

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

My oldest is 7y8m and he would have outgrown it in September by hitting 49" and the top slots at about the same time.

tiggercat

Older two kids have outgrown it around 4 and 40-45lb by torso height. I haven't tried my youngest in one, but he is likely at/over THS at 3 and 33lb (he is above 4th slot on RXT). My kids do have long bodies.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

jjordan

I think my average-height/average-ish-torso dd would have outgrown it somewhere around age 5.5-6. I expect that ds (4.5) would still fit now with room to grow.

YinzerMama

My oldest outgrew his by 3 1/2. My girls are a bit past 4 1/2 and can still fit, though are riding in frontiers I bought planning they would outgrow the MAs. One doesn't even need the top slot so she will make it to 5 1/2 and beyond easily in it. The other one, not sure.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
My skinny DS1 made it to age 6.5 in a classic MA. He was about 48" and maybe 45 lbs when he finally maxed it out and we used it until it was officially outgrown because we both loved that seat.

DS2 was always bigger for his age than DS1 but even he fit in his Decathlon until he was 6 years old, 50 lbs and 47" tall according to my blog here: http://carseatblog.com/6494/britax-marathon-70-review-part-i/

HTH!

amyg530

my tall skinny kid outgrew it around 5/ 5.5 and 40#. my youngest just turned 5 and is 45# and still fits

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
In my "farewell to my MA" thread I took a pic of DD in ours... She was 6.5 I think, and had around a half an inch maybe of growing room? She's crazy skinny and the harness didn't fit her well either (large gap by her thighs). She's 40-41lbs (and was then too)

melniemi

My oldest 2 made it to around 8....not that they rode in it, lol. But my girls outgrew it around 5.5. And dd2 is tiny...39#, 42" at nearly 6, yet over the top slots. Glad I had grabbed an fr85 for her ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC