2 RF, 1 FF in a Hyundai Entourage?

Quirky

We're very likely going to be buying a Hyundai Entourage minivan this week. Great safety ratings, good price, esp. right now as the dealers are getting rid of 2007 models. 4 positions of LATCH -- 2 captain's chairs in 2nd row and 2 outboard positions of 3rd row.

As we were test driving it today, I was trying to figure out carseat positions for:

5 year old ds, FF in a Marathon
2.5 year old dd, RF in a Boulevard
baby dd coming this Oct., RF in a Britax infant seat (forgot the name) or a Boulevard

I had been assuming ds would be in the center of the 3rd row, until I realized a) we wouldn't be able to get him or any other passengers back there easily unless they climb through the front seats, as the captain's chairs can't slide over next to each other, and b) a quick install attempt in the center was NOT satisfactory. The seat was rocking and rolling all over the place with a seatbelt install. :thumbsdown:

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make it work logistically? I'd been thinking 2 dds RF in captains' chairs because then they're at least looking at ds if not me and they're not so isolated and lonely, and I really wanted ds as the FF kid to be in the center. But obviously it's back to the drawing board!

ADS

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
What about taking out a captain chair and putting the 2 oldest in the 3rd and new baby in the middle row?

I have 4 in seats and we have captains. I have a rf bv and snugride in the middle row and 2 graco turbos in the 3rd row. I move the passenger seats all the way forward so that the older kids can climb in behind the 2nd row passenger seat, when no one is riding with me. Getting in to buckle someone in the 3rd row would be hard.

Stefanie

melniemi

When I had my 3rd, I removed the drivers side captain's chair. I put my 2 older kids in the 3rd row and the baby in the passenger's side captain's chair. You could put your rfing toddler on the passengers' side so you can tether rfing to the captain's chair. Your older child will be able to see both the rfing ones. I couldn't get a satisfactory install in the rear center w/my MA either. But I got a solid one outboard w/seatbelt and lockoffs. You will have lots of room to move around in the van to buckle kids in w/one captain's chair removed - and room to change diapers too!:D

Now we have another baby and I put her rfing in the drivers side captains' chair so the big kids can climb in around the base and get to their seats. My #3 hit 33 pounds 3 weeks after baby was born so we had them both rfing in the captain's chairs for only a short time!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC