Boosters for tall, thin kids 9 & 11

kimmylynnk

First of all, Everyone thinks I'm crazy for still having my kids in boosters...
They are in Clek oobrs , high back boosters. Weights are 69-70 pounds, height 55-56 inches. They're going to be the height, 57 inches, before they hit the 80 pound mark. What is the best booster that will last for them at least until they hit 80 pounds.
Thanks so much in advance for all advice....

ADS

hrice

At 9 and 11 low back boosters are very appropriate provided they would have adequate vehicle head support (to the top of their ears).

I really like the Harmony Cruz or Diono Santa Fe for leg support. They both have a deep seat pan. The Cruz is about $20-25 and the Santa Fe is $50-60. The Santa Fe has LATCH which is nice if you don't like having to buckle unoccupied boosters.

Keeanh

:yeahthat:

Another suggestion: If they are on the skinny side, they might also like the Harmony Literider. I have 2 Santa Fes (the backless version of the Monterey), and 2 Apramos (which are almost identical to the Literider). My boys both prefer the Apramos by FAR because they're light and low-profile. They're a lot easier to cart around from vehicle to vehicle, can fit in hockey bags, and don't irritate DH so much when they're left in his car because they can be stuffed down between the seats to make room for the dog crate LOL!

kimmylynnk

Thank you. I will look into those. The Santa Fe looks good especially because it has latch. :) Are the Apramos only available in Canada???
Would they be able to use the Bumble Bum for travel?
Also, is it better for them to stay in the Clek Oober for as long as possible until they hit the 57 inches.
Sorry for so many questions... I have a 10 month old too and I can't wait to see the new Foonf for him! Delivery keeps getting pushed back :(
Thanks Again!!!!

Keeanh

Thank you. I will look into those. The Santa Fe looks good especially because it has latch. :) Are the Apramos only available in Canada???
Would they be able to use the Bumble Bum for travel?
Also, is it better for them to stay in the Clek Oober for as long as possible until they hit the 57 inches.
Sorry for so many questions... I have a 10 month old too and I can't wait to see the new Foonf for him! Delivery keeps getting pushed back :(
Thanks Again!!!!

Yeah, Apramo is only in Canada, but it's basically the same as the Literider. If you have them in positions with LATCH and you're not swapping between vehicles all the time, then the Santa Fe is a great choice. Bubblebums would be appropriate travel seats. Those haven't made it to Canada, so I haven't seen or tried one yet.

ETA: I just asked my boys why they prefer the Apramo. 10yo likes that it's a lighter to switch around, a bit easier to maneuver & get buckled (I think because it doesn't have the rubber on the bottom so it slides on the seat), & it fits in his hockey bag. 8yo likes that it looks like it's for bigger kids LOL. He admitted that he actually prefers riding in the Santa Fe because it has cupholders (yet he only ever uses it when I make him because he left his other seat in the car!! LOL).

babyherder

Good for you for having your kids in boosters! For height, the shoulder belt guide on the booster needs to be at or above their shoulder. That, as well, as their overall height determines when they'll outgrow their current seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC