Infant seat recs vote

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Gone are the days when there were only 2 infant seats with 5-point harnesses and front adjusters. There were twelve seats suggested in my Recommended Seats thread. Let's narrow that down. Which of these seats are actually your favorites?

Please vote for no more than ONE seat in each price range. ETA: You may also vote for a wildcard from any category.

Ranges (based on MSRP):
$ = under $100
$$ = $100-$150
$$$ = $150-$200
$$$$ = $200-$250
(There are no seats over $250 in this category.)

$
Evenflo Embrace 35
Safety 1st Comfy Carry Elite
Safety 1st Comfy Carry Elite Plus

$$
Graco Snugride 30
Safety 1st Onboard 35

$$$
Britax B-Safe
Chicco Keyfit 30
Combi Shuttle 35
Graco Snugride 35
Safety 1st OnBoard Air

$$$$
Britax Chaperone
Cybex Aton
Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40

Wildcard
You Pick

Last edited:
ADS

Spam

$
Embrace 35

$$
SR30

$$$
KF30 but so close with SR35

$$$$
Aton

Wildcard
Shuttle

Last edited:

Phineasmama

$
Can't vote I've never used these

$$
Snugride 30

$$$
Onboard Air 35

$$$$
Cybex Aton (my all time favorite that I absolutely loved!!!!!)

Jessica61624

$ = under $100
$$ = $100-$150
$$$ = $150-$200
$$$$ = $200-$250
(There are no seats over $250 in this category.)

$
Evenflo Embrace 35
$$
Graco Snugride 30
$$$
Combi Shuttle 35
This was a hard one. I chose the shuttle over the sr35 solely due to the knobs on the snugride.
$$$$
Cybex Aton

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Just to clarify -

Comfy Carry Elite or Comfy Carry Elite Plus? The latter has the adjustable base, the former does not.

Since I have good experience with both the Embrace 35 and the Comfy Carry Elite (and Elite Plus), I'll weigh in with my pros and cons of each. Overall, I like them both.

Comfy Carry Elite Plus

Pros: Fits preemies very well; straightforward - nothing complicated or easy for parents or caregivers to mess up; ultra-lightweight; EPS foam; handle can be in any position in vehicle; 2 position adjustable base.

Cons: only rated to 22 lbs and 29"; some models have rear-harness adjusters and no recline on base which makes it confusing for parents looking to buy the "right" CC model; they changed the buckle style and all Comfy Carry models now have the plastic compound buckle (same as Baby Trend infant seats) which I find harder to buckle and unbuckle; single line recline angle indicator; canopy is very flimsy.

Embrace 35

Pros: Fits preemies well; all retail models have front adjuster and adjustable base; 4-35 lbs and up to 30" tall; recline angle indicator allows for a range of installation angles; lightweight; EPS foam; forward handle position is an alternative if there isn't enough room to put handle down in vehicle

Cons: Handle cannot be upright in "carry position" in vehicle; 1.5" of clearance room is mandated if seat is installed directly behind a front seating position; chest clip design can be difficult to open; current buckle style (same as current Graco buckles) can be difficult to buckle and unbuckle; flimsy canopy

HTH!

christineka

I've tried both of the cheap seat contenders. I like the embrace 35 for it's adjustable base and the way the seat feels secure on the base. The comfy carry elite is a good seat too. I like that the handle can be in any position, but the user needs to be more diligent about making sure the seat locks on the base. The base isn't great for getting the correct recline.

$ Embrace 35
$$ onboard
$$$ Keyfit (My reason is that it practically installs itself. At checks, usually the only problem people have with it is using center latch when not allowed.)
$$$$Aton

UlrikeDG

There's now a Wildcard option for infant seats, as well. If you've already voted, feel free to edit your post to add a Wildcard seat if you are so inclined.

Just to clarify -

Comfy Carry Elite or Comfy Carry Elite Plus?

I added the Elite Plus. They're both in the same price bracket, and you may vote for either.

NVMBR02

$
Safety 1st Comfy Carry Elite Plus

$$
Graco Snugride 30

$$$
Chicco Keyfit 30

$$$$
Cybex Aton

Wildcard
Safety 1st Onboard 35

UlrikeDG

Last chance to vote. Currently in the running are:

$
Evenflo Embrace 35 - 4
Safety 1st Comfy Carry Elite Plus - 4

$$
Graco Snugride 30 - 6
Safety 1st Onboard 35 - 5

$$$
Chicco Keyfit 30 - 7
Combi Shuttle 35 - 4

$$$$
Cybex Aton - 9
Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40 - 1

Vote for 1 per category plus a wildcard.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
$
Evenflo Embrace 35

$$
Graco Snugride 30

$$$
Chicco Keyfit 30

$$$$
Cybex Aton

Wildcard
First Years Via

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC